Gahanna Police just shot my buddies dog

t-redjti

Um... what about the animal that just die of natural causes out in the woods, are they commiting a crime by dying? I have cattle and sometimes they die, what the fuck should I do with them?

Last time I read up on the law it is illegal inside of city limits. If you are out in the country you have more land and less likely to bury near water pipes.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time I read up on the law it is illegal inside of city limits. If you are out in the country you have more land and less likely to bury near water pipes.

So this guy did it wrong?... He probably had no idea he was even breaking the law, I know I didnt.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s28/d19sevent2/s-ANTHONY-SOWELL-large.jpg

I don't write laws, quit getting your panties in a bunch. I'm just saying it's illegal.

Asking you a question isnt getting my panties in a bunch, its simply a question. Dont snap back, Im not calling you a liar.

But on a serious note is it legal to bury my dick in your ass.

Contamination of ground water. It's illegal everywhere to bury animals of any sort.

It's only illegal if you're caught. Fuck that law. My parents have four dogs and a former pet skunk, several birds and as a kid several our mine and my siblings little hamsters, etc. in their yard.

I laugh thinking about it as I can't imagine what will go through the mind of those who dig them up over the next few decades. The dogs are in home-made caskets that my father built and the hamsters are in pickle jars :D I can remember my brother in law and dad digging big ass holes for them. RIP Tiny, Rocky, Brutus, Sady and Duke --> Dogs I remember and miss.

Contamination of ground water. It's illegal everywhere to bury animals of any sort.

As a farm owner I can tell you that this is 100% wrong. ORC does not ban the burial of animals, but some city ordinances may.

i love dogs, and i'm sorry to hear this--but a cop wouldn't shoot a dog in a public area unless it was necessary. they're trained--they know how unsafe it can be to discharge a firearm in a public area. i guarantee the cop was thinking of the consequences when he shot the dog, and it was deemed necessary.

As a farm owner I can tell you that this is 100% wrong. ORC does not ban the burial of animals, but some city ordinances may.

I guess you could tell that to my buddy's father who buried their horse in the backyard (outside city limits) and the new owners of the house were able to get a good chunk of cash from them.

I guess you could tell that to my buddy's father who buried their horse in the backyard (outside city limits) and the new owners of the house were able to get a good chunk of cash from them.

Sure will...

I am 100% confident you are completely wrong. How they got money, I have no idea. It is not illegal to bury animals in Harlem township in southern delaware county. Nor it is illegal in Warsaw Ohio.

The owner of premises that contain a dead animal shall burn the body of the animal, bury it not less than four feet beneath the surface of the ground, remove it in a watertight tank to a rendering establishment, or otherwise dispose of it in accordance with section 953.26 or 1511.022 of the Revised Code within a reasonable time after knowledge thereof or after notice in writing from the department or from the township trustees of the township in which his premises are located.

this.

Mouth foaming and aggressive movements don't equal "looking dangerous". They're signs of a rabid dog.

Loose dog with above condition and traits.

No tags.

On someone else's property.

No owner in sight.

100% owner's fault from the facts given.

Mouth foaming and aggressive movements don't equal "looking dangerous". They're signs of a rabid dog.

100% owner's fault from the facts given.

Mouth foaming on dogs are completely normal for dog that has been running around for an hour.

Definately a sad story to hear, but it was the outcome of a negligent and lazy pet owner. They should be supervised if they are not inside your house.

Mouth foaming on dogs are completely normal for dog that has been running around for an hour.

Agreed. And, it's also a sign of rabid animals.

We have no idea what the homeowner told the cop. Maybe the dog made aggressive movements towards the owner or their family. Maybe the cop wanted to try out his new pistol. Who knows.

§ 955.28 Dog may be killed for certain acts; owner liable for damages. - AMENDED 2008

(A) Subject to divisions (A)(2) and (3) of section 955.261 of the Revised Code, a dog that is chasing or approaching in a menacing fashion or apparent attitude of attack, that attempts to bite or otherwise endanger, or that kills or injures a person or a dog that chases, threatens, harasses, injures, or kills livestock, poultry, other domestic animal, or other animal, that is the property of another person, except a cat or another dog, can be killed at the time of that chasing, threatening, harassment, approaching, attempt, killing, or injury. If, in attempting to kill such a dog, a person wounds it, the person is not liable to prosecution under the penal laws that punish cruelty to animals. Nothing in this section precludes a law enforcement officer from killing a dog that attacks a police dog as defined in section 2921.321 of the Revised Code.

(B) The owner, keeper, or harborer of a dog is liable in damages for any injury, death, or loss to person or property that is caused by the dog, unless the injury, death, or loss was caused to the person or property of an individual who, at the time, was committing or attempting to commit criminal trespass or another criminal offense other than a minor misdemeanor on the property of the owner, keeper, or harborer, or was committing or attempting to commit a criminal offense other than a minor misdemeanor against any person, or was teasing, tormenting, or abusing the dog on the owner's, keeper's, or harborer's property. Additionally, the owner, keeper, or harborer of a dog is liable in damages for any injury, death, or loss to person or property that is caused by the dog if the injury, death, or loss was caused to the person or property of an individual who, at the time of the injury, death, or loss, was on the property of the owner, keeper, or harborer solely for the purpose of engaging in door-to-door sales or other solicitations regardless of whether the individual was in compliance with any requirement to obtain a permit or license to engage in door-to-door sales or other solicitations established by the political subdivision in which the property of the owner, keeper, or harborer is located, provided that the person was not committing a criminal offense other than a minor misdemeanor or was not teasing, tormenting, or abusing the dog.

CREDIT(S)

(2008 H 71, eff. 9-30-08; 1987 H 352, eff. 7-10-87; 1953 H 1; GC 5838)

here is what ohio law has to say about it

I don't understand why the animal control didn't come instead of the cops?

i dont understand why the neighbor two doors down called the COPS instead of calling the OWNER of the dog... who lives TWO HOUSES AWAY?

dont people know their neighbors anymore?

Can you be any more of an idiot?

Out of all the stupid stuff mentioned in this thread you pick a 2 day old joke to comment on :wtf:

Owners fault. Loose dogs will always be the owners fault unless someone else let them go on purpose. Even a dog jumping a fence is the owners fault.

Most people dont know what a rabid dog looks like. A dog foaming at the mouth, who is simply approaching to be friendly, looks like a rabid predator to someone that doesnt know the dog. Poor thing was probably running around having fun, went to say hi and got shot. Watch your dogs people...

everyone's ignoring the fact that the dog didn't have tags...i can see why people would be worried about a possible stray, especially in gahanna where we always ask WHO WILL PROTECT OUR CHILDREN FROM THE EVILS OF THE WORLD!?!?!

Yes the dog did not have tags. So does that mean they get to start shooting people next when they forget to carry their drivers licenses?

Sad to here, especially for me as a boxer owner. However, there's something missing to the story. I highly doubt any cop would shoot a dog 3 times for just running loose.

Our 10 month old got out last week after the kids behind us failed to shut our back gate when they came in to get a ball. I was pissed, but then I also never put a lock on that gate. Now it has one.

She ran all over and I was serously afraid we were going to lose her and with no collar on, only a micro chip. She ran like a puppy/boxer and even with a crazy face run, I don't think a cop would simply shoot her.

In for the rest of the story though.

Ares 9.5yrs: http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/118911557/original

Xena 10mos:http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/116911792/original

Actually it has happens all the time. My grandmother owns Heart of Ohio Boxer Rescue and she is always caught up in this kind of thing. Here is one she was kinda involved in, where a boxer was mistaken for a pit bull and tasered because pit bulls are illegal in Lakewood, Ohio. This dog got tasered and not shot though.

http://fortheloveofthedogblog.com/news-pdates/did-cops-go-overboard-tasering-family-dog-video