Help w/ some stuff I want to do to my bike.

Radio Flyer1647545514

Bike: 07sv650s

So looking for some how to help on how to do some things to my bike.

First, I don't know where my pre-load stuff is supposed to be at? I haven't changed it since I got the bike and I can't find a chart for where to set my spring loads at. Any help with this?

Second, I want to lower it about an inch or so. Do I need to get new dog bones or can I do something to the bike as it sits to achieve this.

Raising my foot pegs. I don't think I can do this w/o buying something, and I've heard I can either go with the Buell foot pegs which are about an inch higher than the sv stock pegs.

Or do I need to just go out and buy the things so I can set my pegs at different heights?

Last thing, anyone have any suzuki chain lube? I went and got chain cleaner and forgot to buy chain lube...Anyone carry this in Reynoldsburg area so I don't have to go back to the Pony?

are you wanting to set the preload on the shock or forks?

for rear shock, you need the spanner that is included in your tool kit. you spin the big nut thing on the shock to adjust your preload.

for the forks there should be preload adjusters on the top of the forks. like a slot you can put a flat head screw driver in.

here is a how to for setting suspension up

http://www.ntnoa.org/suspension_preload.htm

as for lowering the bike, id shave some foam from the seat you can lower it quite a bit doing that, and you wont throw the handling of the bike off.

as for raising the footpegs, if you can find an alternative to buying aftermarket rear sets ( $usually around $500 or more) then do it. if buell pegs have been done then try that, its alot cheaper.

why do you want the pegs raised?

screw suzuki chain lube, go get something better..

try some PJ1 blue label.. that shit is the bomb... you can get it at iron pony

I have the stock pegs off my Buell that you could have if you want to try them.

Unfortunately the little spike that hangs off the bottom broke off of one of them because I dropped something on it by accident. The pegs are fine, just that one is missing the spike. You can get new stock ones for around $25 though.

I have the stock pegs off my Buell that you could have if you want to try them.

Unfortunately the little spike that hangs off the bottom broke off of one of them because I dropped something on it by accident. The pegs are fine, just that one is missing the spike. You can get new stock ones for around $25 though.

haha the "curb" feelers haha, thats not a problem at all

I want to raise be pegs because I don't HUG my tank with my legs like I'm supposed to be. This bike just feels like it's sitting an inch or so to high for me.

I'm planning on getting a r6 or zx6r this spring so I may just leave this sitting the way it is since I should have the cash together before riding season even starts up again.

I want to raise be pegs because I don't HUG my tank with my legs like I'm supposed to be. This bike just feels like it's sitting an inch or so to high for me.

I'm planning on getting a r6 or zx6r this spring so I may just leave this sitting the way it is since I should have the cash together before riding season even starts up again.

I am assisting in a sale of an '05 R6 if you are interested, it could probably be had for 5k OBO. 1800 miles now, I have been riding it the last week or so. Just tossing it out there, if it does not sell soon it will go into storage and rolled back out in the spring for sale.

I am assisting in a sale of an '05 R6 if you are interested, it could probably be had for 5k OBO. 1800 miles now, I have been riding it the last week or so. Just tossing it out there, if it does not sell soon it will go into storage and rolled back out in the spring for sale.

I won't be buying until bike season comes around again.