WIFE'S CAR STOLEN FROM IN FRONT OF OUR HOUSE!!!!!!

BlackC50

Yea...as the title says my wifes Mercury Mariner was stolen from right out in front of our house. We live in one of the Pinnacle subdivision's in Grove City. Quiet neighborhood...or so we thought. The got in my truck which luckily and unfortunately I left unlocked. They took my ipod and then also I had her spare key in there and all in all thats how her car got stolen. I mean really....is it to the point now that NOTHING is safe? She had an ipod, harmon kardon ipod interface, and a TomTom GPS in her car also. Absolutely fucking ridiculous. Just needed to vent....I am currently in the process of turning on our Brinks alarm and also going to get a handgun and home defense shotgun ASAP. Whats to say that the next is a home invasion. I'm away from home everyday and she is here by herself.

Damn. Good luck with insurance.

I agree though, I don't feel as safe as I used to either.

We live in Bexley, a nice quiet neighborhood as well and both our cars got stuff stolen from them, luckily the theives were nice enough not to break anything.

The next week I went out and bought a handgun, a shotgun is next on my list.

I hate the feeling of the unknown, I honestly have not slept very well in the past month or so and I blame this theft as a leading reason, its the first time I've ever had anything stolen, and to know that the people were THAT close to me/my home is SCARY. Especially with two young kids.

Good luck and do what you have to. Bexley PD stepped up patrol around my area/block after I notified them, hopefully Grove City will too.

Remember guys, if you shoot someone breaking into your car, you will go to jail for a lot longer than they will. Get them to come inside your home, then you can kill them. Also, if you're going to trust yourself or your wife to arm up, PLEASE get some training and practice regularly.

Damn. Good luck with insurance.

I agree though, I don't feel as safe as I used to either.

We live in Bexley, a nice quiet neighborhood as well and both our cars got stuff stolen from them, luckily the theives were nice enough not to break anything.

The next week I went out and bought a handgun, a shotgun is next on my list.

I hate the feeling of the unknown, I honestly have not slept very well in the past month or so and I blame this theft as a leading reason, its the first time I've ever had anything stolen, and to know that the people were THAT close to me/my home is SCARY. Especially with two young kids.

Good luck and do what you have to. Bexley PD stepped up patrol around my area/block after I notified them, hopefully Grove City will too.

BEXELY SUCKS ASS. My sister got mugged while she lived there.. Wha do you expect when you can through a rock from a mansion and hit a welfare house...

post plate number and I will keep my eyes out

Everyone has opinions, fair enough.

But I have lived in Bexley for 23 years and this is the FIRST issue with theft/violence that we've had. I think statistically speaking Bexley has a lower crime rate than other areas.

I'm sorry to hear about your sister though.

Remember guys, if you shoot someone breaking into your car, you will go to jail for a lot longer than they will. Get them to come inside your home, then you can kill them. Also, if you're going to trust yourself or your wife to arm up, PLEASE get some training and practice regularly.

No, you run outside and then jump in the car as they are breaking into it. BOOM Castle doctorine applies.

But seriously, who leaves a spare key INSIDE the car? What's the point of having it inside the car? Plus why not lock the car? It takes one push of the button.

I will never park a car I own in front of my house, If I get a third car, guess what the house is going on the market and we are buying a house that can accommodate the number of cars I own. Truthfully the next house we buy I'm hoping to have a 4 car garage. If cars are in a garage this shit is not an issue.

First off, I don't have power locks so its not just a click of the button. Plus nothing was out in the open, I had my ipod along with the keys up in a cubby hole under the dash. I honestly forgot I even had that key in my truck. I know it was a mistake on my part but honestly you shouldn't have to worry about that shit at your home. You can call me an idiot and I guess I am for putting to much faith in humanity.

Also, The car is a 2006 Mercury Mariner AWD, Its a charcoal color. The plates are speciality plates from Capital University number is 126XTS. There is a vinyl Capital University cling on the back window, a silver harley davidson emblem on the lower right hand side of the back window. Also, there is a red and blue graduation tassle and a buckeye nut necklace hanging from the rearview mirror. The windows have no tint. The interior have black and white two-tone seats.

People are walking around checking cars to see if they are unlocked and then robbing them. I spoke with a police officer that said that seems to be the crime of choice this winter. If you are the type that leaves your car unlocked, or your garage open you are at risk. They are no longer breaking in, they are conveniently stealing whats available...