prettyprix

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nm...found this...

How to Blow up a Bottle With Dry Ice

This article has been nominated for deletion with the reasons of:

"Universally illegal. This article's content may be illegal in most countries" and

"Extremely dangerous, reckless and irrational".

Please comment on the discussion page as to whether it meets our criteria for deletion. Continued edits are appreciated, but please do not remove this tag. This article will be reviewed at least 1 week after 2009-11-04.

To make a container explode, you can use dry ice (available at large supermarkets with a fish/meat butcher).

Coke Bottle Ad

From the bottle to the short can, with Coke, you've got options!

LivePositively.com/JoinUs Sub Zero l.l.c

Dry Ice Blasting Services Industrial & Commercial Cleaning

http://www.subzero-dryiceblasting.com Water Bottle Reviews

#1 Water Bottle Review Site All Major Bottles Tested

http://www.waterbottlesreviewed.com EcoFriendly Water Bottles

Plastic, Steel, Aluminum & More! Shop & Save at Ecosumo.com

ecosumo.com/Reusable-Bottles

Hide these ads

Show Ads

[edit] StepsFind a plastic bottle you want to blow up. Glass is too dangerous.

Find a space to blow up the bottle. The ideal location should be outdoors or in a garage, away from children and animals who might get hurt. Make sure there is nothing breakable nearby, as bottle pieces may go flying, and also make sure the area can be easily swept clean afterward.

Find some eye protection. Shop goggles will work fine. DO NOT blow anything up without your eyes shielded, no matter how safe you think it is.

Find some gloves to protect your hands. Dry ice will damage your skin if you touch it.

Get the dry ice (wrapped up) and a container of warm water.

Break off a chunk of the dry ice and put it into the bottle. Use tongs. gloves, or both.

Put a little warm water in the bottle, put the cap on the bottle, and then put the bottle down and move back to a safe distance.

Wait for the bottle to explode.

Sweep up the pieces.

[edit] TipsThis explosion is caused by the dry ice melting, which is sped up by the warm water. Dry ice is actually frozen carbon dioxide, and when it melts, it turns back into gas. The gas expands, creating pressure inside the bottle, and this eventually will burst the bottle or blow the cap off.

[edit] WarningsDo not do this close to people.

Doing this as a prank in the United States could land you in jail.

Always wear eye protection. If you don't have any, don't do this experiment. A few minutes of fun is not worth the risk of high-speed plastic particles embedded in your eye.

Protect your skin from the dry ice. It will give you "cold burns" if you touch it.

I got suspended from Capital.

That article makes it sound really bad, it really doesn't much when it's just sitting in the grass, it's just loud. They used to do that for demos in science class

i understand your point, but at the same time, it probably wouldnt sound "really bad" if you went to lowes and bought a 50lb bag of fertilizer...but who knows what you have or what you might do with it...something simple you can turn into a deadly bomb

like i said, not saying that i think you're 100% in the wrong, but you never know.

how long is the suspension for?

i understand your point, but at the same time, it probably wouldnt sound "really bad" if you went to lowes and bought a 50lb bag of fertilizer...but who knows what you have or what you might do with it...something simple you can turn into a deadly bomb

like i said, not saying that i think you're 100% in the wrong, but you never know.

how long is the suspension for?

fair, I agree. I get it now, but we were just bored and didn't think anything of it. I have a hearing this thursday, so i'm guessing i'll be able to go back next week.

It depends on how tight you keep it capped, crack the release valve just a bit and it shouldn't be too bad. Well, for you at least, I dunno about anyone else in the area.

My valve has never been abused, so it keeps a pretty tight seal. I will try your method next time. It is true that its not a method that can be used by many in the area, having leaky seals and all.