New Albany Shooting Range

gaewsky1

Any one been there? I am thinking a buying a membership and then getting a gun. The reason for the membership first is I want to see what the discount on the gun would be. It is the closest range to my house and work. I'm sure there are cheaper ranges out there but with the gas used to get there would probably offset the price of the higher membership.

any thoughts?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a membership there last year, always had a good experience there. Much better membership perks than the other couple of ranges that I looked at. Free shooting during the week, and something like 1/2 off on weekends and holidays. Never paid for anything but targets when I went.

I will buy another membership next year when I have some expendable income.

I have a membership there.

http://www.nasr.com/membership/

MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS (Saving Money)

We encourage all of our guests to become members of the range. In addition to the benefits listed below, members receive advance notice of all sales and specials. Typically, most memberships pay for

themselves after 9 visits, so we urge you to become a member of our shooting sports family today.

Member Benefits Include the Following:

* Members Shoot Free Monday through Friday.*

* Newsletters

* Express Sign In

* Bring one guest for free**

* FREE use of eye and ear protection

* Discounts on Range Ammo

* “Member Only” discounts

* Discount on use of Full Auto Firearms

* Only Members may shoot their own full auto firearms

* Discount range rate of $10.95, saving you $11 per visit.

* Members have first choice of range guns, when removed for

sale.

* Excludes Holidays that fall on a Monday.

** Limited to one guest per visit.

Children under 18 shoot for free when accompanied by parent

Membership Fees:

* Individual $179.95 per year*

* Family $50.00 per extra person**

* Police $129.95 per year*

* Military (Active/Reserve/National Guard) – $129.95 per year*

* Plus a one time $25 initiation fee.

** Must be immediate family member living in same household.

Trowa also has a membership there, and your guest are free. :-)

I'm not sure about a gun there though. You can find a gun a little cheaper if you look at other places compared to at NASR.

My XDm was $30 cheaper there than Blackwing, and they had one in stock, Blackwing did not.

Vances is the cheapest place to buy guns

+1

and come to find out a friend of mine's wife just got a job there...need to find out what ammo really costs and stock up

but for the membership, i guess thats an ok deal if you shoot A LOT, but me, shooting is a weekend deal...meaning to make the memebership pay for itself, id have to go 18x in one year ($10 savings per trip), which will never happen.

plus, i will buy my guns at vances and my ammo at walmart, and will still be cheaper than what they offer with their "members discount"

+1

and come to find out a friend of mine's wife just got a job there...need to find out what ammo really costs and stock up

but for the membership, i guess thats an ok deal if you shoot A LOT, but me, shooting is a weekend deal...meaning to make the memebership pay for itself, id have to go 18x in one year ($10 savings per trip), which will never happen.

plus, i will buy my guns at vances and my ammo at walmart, and will still be cheaper than what they offer with their "members discount"

I do agree for the most part, however it really paid off when my wife wanted to come along too. We did it a few times before I got a membership and it was about $50 for the both of us. You just have to do that 3 times, and go by yourself a few times for it to be worth it. I had no problem shooting during the week, but I can def see where some people wouldn't be able to take advantage of the opportunity.

As you stated, it doesn't make sense to buy a membership if that is the case.

I am on my 2nd year membership there. I enjoy it. Verse and I go a lot. I bought our S&W 686 there. It was $700 there but S&W had a mail in rebate for $50 plus NASR threw a $50 gift card to the range on top of it. They have deals just not often...

I do agree for the most part, however it really paid off when my wife wanted to come along too. We did it a few times before I got a membership and it was about $50 for the both of us. You just have to do that 3 times, and go by yourself a few times for it to be worth it. I had no problem shooting during the week, but I can def see where some people wouldn't be able to take advantage of the opportunity.

As you stated, it doesn't make sense to buy a membership if that is the case.

yeah...id rather just drive to OVO in lancaster and spend $11 for unlimited range time. oh well...to each his own.

I will never join a range where you pay a fee just so you can pay a lower fee to use their range

exactly

like i said though trowa, going to the range isnt a weekday thing for me...actually, going to the range isnt a thing for me period...ive probably went 6-8 times.

and i think ive been on a weekday once, and thats when i bought my 1st handgun on a friday and i wanted to go shoot it

yeah...id rather just drive to OVO in lancaster and spend $11 for unlimited range time. oh well...to each his own.

I am with you Evan, OVO is the range I spend most of my time at. Plus the drive doesn't bother me at all. I normally only make it to the range about 4-5 times a year, and to be able to pay one price and shoot all day is completely worth it for me.

And as far as the prices at Vance's/Buckeye Outdoors, from what I have seen, they do have some of the best prices in Ohio if not most of the country.

Looks like I'll get the membership. I like the fact that I can bring a guest as my brother in law just bought a few guns so maybe he will help cover the cost. I know Vance's has great prices I just wondered what NASR would be once a member.

Thanks for the posts.

Does NASR offer any incentives if a current member refers a new member? If so pm me your info and I'll mention your name.

exactly

like i said though trowa, going to the range isnt a weekday thing for me...actually, going to the range isnt a thing for me period...ive probably went 6-8 times.

and i think ive been on a weekday once, and thats when i bought my 1st handgun on a friday and i wanted to go shoot it

I go at least once a month. Sometimes 2-3 times a month. Most of my extra money goes to buying ammo. Srsly lets get Scotty2hotty as president. He told me he would lobby cheaper ammo prices for all US citizens. I need that or a reloader :cool: