Truck that has sat for over a year

Main3s

So a friend of mine just picked up a 98 GMC 1500 for a pretty good deal. The catch is that the truck hasn't been started or moved in over a year. It belonged to a lady whose husband passed away and it was his truck. She never drove it so it just sat.

II told him I’d help clean it up a bit and so I'm goanna do some of the standard crap like drain out the old gas and oil then put in a fuel treatment. The tires probably need replaced because they now have flat spots. Apart from the rust their looks to be plenty of pad left on the breaks and the rotors are still smooth (once the rust is gone).

But what are some things to look out for? Anything I should pay close attention too? Any gaskets that should be replaced? Trans fluid? Anything he should be cautious about as far as driving it?

Thanks!

That's good to hear. I changed all the filters, oil, plugs, wires, distributer cap the whole 9 yards. Flushed out the old break fluid and blead the lines. The thing runs pretty damn good now. So becasue I did all the work he has to help me move any large objects whenever I ask. The beauty of owning a truck :D