Saab to Koenigsegg falls through

excell

Honestly, Saab needs to go:

- The lineup has been dated. The 9-5 is new, the 9-3 is the same old hat.

- They are a FWD low-end luxo brand. They are just now offering an AWD option.

- Their SUV is an overpriced Trailblazer with some nicer interior bits. Looking them up, it looks like they even discontinued it (the 9-7).

- The cars are not as nice as their German and Japanese counterparts. Their performance isn't on par. The interiors aren't as nice. They don't drive as well.

Not a bad car to buy USED, since they depreciate like crazy. You can pick a couple year old Saab cheap, and at that point you are getting good value for your money. But new, why would I even consider looking at one when BMW, Benz, Audi, Lexus, Acura, Infiniti, Cadillac are all putting out BETTER competitive products.

The same can be said for Volvo as well...but at least they have an AWD offering.

For the price of a 9-3 Aero AWD, you can buy an Audi S4. Hmmm, like that is a hard choice. Or for less money you could get a BMW 335xi sedan. Hard choice there too.

For Saab to be competitve, they would have to sell for 8-10k less.

Guest tbutera2112
Honestly, Saab needs to go:

- The lineup has been dated. The 9-5 is new, the 9-3 is the same old hat.

- They are a FWD low-end luxo brand. They are just now offering an AWD option.

- Their SUV is an overpriced Trailblazer with some nicer interior bits. Looking them up, it looks like they even discontinued it (the 9-7).

- The cars are not as nice as their German and Japanese counterparts. Their performance isn't on par. The interiors aren't as nice. They don't drive as well.

Not a bad car to buy USED, since they depreciate like crazy. You can pick a couple year old Saab cheap, and at that point you are getting good value for your money. But new, why would I even consider looking at one when BMW, Benz, Audi, Lexus, Acura, Infiniti, Cadillac are all putting out BETTER competitive products.

The same can be said for Volvo as well...but at least they have an AWD offering.

For the price of a 9-3 Aero AWD, you can buy an Audi S4. Hmmm, like that is a hard choice. Or for less money you could get a BMW 335xi sedan. Hard choice there too.

For Saab to be competitve, they would have to sell for 8-10k less.

gotta love depreciation!...i picked up my 2004 9-3 aero with 70k miles, 6spd 2.0T for 8k