5/16 -5/17 -- Hocking Hills, SR 555, SE Ohio, etc -- Camping

Casper

Save the date. This is a "joint venture" if you will between a few different sites. We're hashing out the details. Basically we'll be riding all day Saturday, camping Saturday night, riding Sunday and parting ways. There will be people from Kentucky and Pennsylvania going with us. Promises to be a good time.

The only thing I ask is everyone wears their gear, and everyone respects everyone else. Don't ride above your head. 555 is a dangerous road, and Hocking Hills is no joke. Always err on the side of caution.

I will have a sign in at the meeting point. Everyone will be required to write down their name, license plate, phone number, and emergency contact. This way if someone wrecks, we can tell the EMT who you are and who to contact. This comes from the last Hocking Hills ride with the guy on the green Ninja. None of us knew who the hell he was let alone who to contact.

I will be handing out maps of the suggested route with places to meet up.

More info to come soon.

UPDATE 4/16/09:

Campground has been decided. We're staying at the KOA in Logan. Make your own reservations and all that jazz. The group as a whole is meeting at the campground Friday night and/or Saturday morning. Most are going down Friday night to camp (remember, camping w/o alcohol is just sleeping outside). I'll be down there most likely Friday night. For those who don't want to camp two nights, you can meet us down there at the campground Saturday morning. Exact times haven't been discussed yet.

This thread is closed. The new thread is here: http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=24979

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol. It will be new roads for most of us. We will be safe. This may be a great time to amend all of the myths about our group. We all need to stick together to make our sport grow.

The only thing I ask is everyone wears their gear, and everyone respects everyone else. Don't ride above your head. 555 is a dangerous road, and Hocking Hills is no joke. Always err on the side of caution.

I will have a sign in at the meeting point. Everyone will be required to write down their name, license plate, phone number, and emergency contact. This way if someone wrecks, we can tell the EMT who you are and who to contact. This comes from the last Hocking Hills ride with the guy on the green Ninja. None of us knew who the hell he was.

I will be handing out maps of the suggested route with places to meet up.

Camping as in actual camping or camping as in roughing it in a Motel 6? :lol:

Camping as in KOA most likely. Not exactly roughing it. There are cabins there you can rent too. I think that's what I'm going to do. And there's a pool and all kinds of stuff to do.

They have cabins too. But yeah, we're talking tents mainly. You too girly to camp?

You're damn right.:fruit:

No, seriously the 4 screws and 2 plates in my back say i gotta have a good bed to sleep in. So maybe I'm just too old for tents:lol:

You're damn right.:fruit:

No, seriously the 4 screws and 2 plates in my back say i gotta have a good bed to sleep in. So maybe I'm just too old for tents:lol:

There are plenty of hotels down there. You could grab a room somewhere.

There are plenty of hotels down there. You could grab a room somewhere.

A cabin would work. Probably in on this, gotta check the schedule of course.

If I get a cabin, those that dont wanna do the tent as well would have a place to stay

A cabin would work. Probably in on this, gotta check the schedule of course.

If I get a cabin, those that dont wanna do the tent as well would have a place to stay

Sounds good.

Im not against camping. I just dont want to haul all that stuff on my girls bike.