Hey guys.

dusticus2000

Uh oh, pics and story please. That sounds like an incredible act of stupidity, must hear more.

Guy gets on it on 270 from Sawmill last friday when it snowed, lost control at the botom of the ramp, spun through traffic and got real intimate with the center divider.

http://gallery.me.com/bbotte/100023/14649_563164437297_50612447_32924843_5920678_n/web.jpg

http://gallery.me.com/bbotte/100023/14649_563173454227_50612447_32925123_7926282_n/web.jpg

http://gallery.me.com/bbotte/100023/14649_563173409317_50612447_32925122_7550924_n/web.jpg

I hear the car got him back though, he threw the dealer license plate on the dash and when he tried to rape the wall with the car, the plate got him in the head. :D

I am Jordan Rezin's Brother in law.

Damn, so someone who worked at Carmax totalled that C5 on a test/joy ride?

gheyyy

how does that work? does his insurance cover it? Carmax's insurance? or did he have to buy it? lol

Damn, so someone who worked at Carmax totalled that C5 on a test/joy ride?

gheyyy

how does that work? does his insurance cover it? Carmax's insurance? or did he have to buy it? lol

Yeah how does that work?

OP, perhaps you should have kept the diesel mercedes. I'm sure that would have taught you a few things about cars.

Yeah how does that work?

OP, perhaps you should have kept the diesel mercedes. I'm sure that would have taught you a few things about cars.

yeah, wtf? Last I check the old diesel mercs were worth a decent bit of money.

LOL about the vette, I hope someone gets in trouble for that. I cannot stress enough how I HATE people from dealers hot-rodding around in cars that aren't theirs. I saw that shit at MAG last night, the braindead monkeys have no respect for other people's things.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:6S5JD1fXfnCIhM:http://www.californiaclassics

A benz very similar to the one I used to own. Pretty much the same color too, unfortunately it had alot of issues and I couldn't afford to keep reparing it. And as for my current car picture a buick regal with a good portion of thefront bumper missing and the hole covered up with bumper stickers:)

.... how I HATE people from dealers hot-rodding around in cars that aren't theirs. I saw that shit at MAG last night, the braindead monkeys have no respect for other people's things.

Do you know that was an employee with a customer car? If so, he was taking a big chance; they have a policy of immediate dismissal for such behavior, and they have camera coverage everywhere on their property.

The one I saw last night, no. I have no proof, other than a younger guy hot-rodding around in an older TDi with a dealer plate falling out of the window (he leaving the parts area as I was pulling in). I wouldn't be so quick to cry foul if I hadn't witnessed this 1000 times before. I've had 'friends' work at most of the major VW/Audi dealers in town (MAG, hatfield, byers) and they're all about the same. Come lunch time, someone is reaching for the keys to the S4 they were working on, or the 911 that needs washed. I would NEVER take my car to a dealer, for that reason.

Oh, I just remembered my personal favorite! The techs at hatfield taking the 2.slow jettas out to the loop to practice clutchless shifting! Crap, I almost forgot about that! That was EXTREMELY irritating because my wife had recently bought a used jetta from them, which turned out to be a major nightmare. :mad::mad::mad:

You guys would never do that at carmax though would you? I mean, this wasn't actually a carmax employee out hot-rodding a vette that totalled it, was it?

I did have to completely replace the front brakes which was about as indepth as I got with the car. There were alot of electrical problems with it too and I didn't want to mess with that so i took it to a shop.

Oh, I just remembered my personal favorite! The techs at hatfield taking the 2.slow jettas out to the loop to practice clutchless shifting! Crap, I almost forgot about that! That was EXTREMELY irritating because my wife had recently bought a used jetta from them, which turned out to be a major nightmare. :mad::mad::mad:

You guys would never do that at carmax though would you? I mean, this wasn't actually a carmax employee out hot-rodding a vette that totalled it, was it?

Yes he is a tech at Carmax, the car was a car that was going to be on the front lot, Carmax owned it. His story was he hit a patch of ice at the bottom of the ramp. :rolleyes:

Are you familiar of how Carmax works?

Yes he is a tech at Carmax, the car was a car that was going to be on the front lot, Carmax owned it. His story was he hit a patch of ice at the bottom of the ramp. :rolleyes:

Are you familiar of how Carmax works?

That's hilarious! Thanks for making my day, it is as I suspected then. I'm not too familiar with how they work, other than offering people half kbb value for a car so they can detail it and sell it for double. Shame on them. I've been there a few times. I always think, "Man, I bet they take some serious advantage of ignorance here" which is exactly what the commercials say they DON'T do.

Carmax has an "Autozone" inside as their parts department, when you sell a car to them, or they buy one at auction, the car comes to the Sawmill location or one of the inspection locations and it is inspected and parts are replaced with new "Autozone" parts. Some cars even get paint and body work as they have guys that do that there. Aftermarket parts are removed and destroyed. Even radios, rims, and such. If a car does not meet a certain standard it is sent to auction rather than the front lot or Morse Rd. If you are looking for a used car, it really is not a "bad" place to buy a used car for everyday use. Edited by Benjamin

Yeah, I see a decent deal every now and then there, but some of their stuff seem SO overpriced. I'd always rather buy a car from an individual anyway.

That's the thing, if you are an everyday person and not mechanically inclined, you are getting a used car with new wear items, you drive it off a lot like it's a "new" car. I'm not saying Autozone parts are the best, but for most people they are perfectly good enough.

If you can do brake work and other stuff yourself (which a giant portion of the US population cannot) you are better off buying somewhere else.

Yeah, I see a decent deal every now and then there, but some of their stuff seem SO overpriced. I'd always rather buy a car from an individual anyway.

+1 on their prices. I was in there last month looking at a car and the salesperson couldn't explain jack. My biggest question was why a 2004 car w/ 65k miles on it was $XXXX at the sawmill store, but a 2006 car w/ 42k miles was $XXXX-$2300 at another Carmax location. Same cars, except the newer one was one body style newer, but otherwise the same. The 2006 was decently priced but they wanted a $700 non refundable amount to transfer the car, whether I liked it or not, and the 2004 was nearly double the normal price.

yeah, when I was in there they really didn't seem like car people. More like trained retail employees, which I don't like to see in the automotive world. Maybe their whole staff should join CR, might improve the operation... or total more C5s :D

Not really though.

• 3 weeks later...