Hey guys.

dusticus2000

Well to start with, and i realize that i will most likely take all kinds of crap for this, I don't know much about cars. I like cars, especially older cars, I think they look sweet and sound cool, but as far as anything mechanical color me clueless. My favorite car of all time has been the '82 Mercedes 300SD turbo diesel that I used to own. Unfortunately I have no pictures of this car, or my current POS that I drive. But one day hopefully I will get a car that is worthy of note. I guess that I joined this site to get a better understanding of cars and the people who go nuts for them. As a side note many might find it funny to know that despite my lack of car knowlege I work in the parts department of a car dealership. Well that is pretty much it so I will look forward to what i am sure is going to be a roast!

Scott

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

Oh wow, that's an odd job for someone with little knowledge of parts to have ;)

A 300sd is a perfectly respectable vehicle. Welcome to the site. What dealer do you work at? I gotta run over to MAG shortly.

:confused: I'm on the fence here.

Postives: you're here to learn, you say you appreciate good cars, you work in the car field, you seem humble

Negatives: you've never raced anything, you're 24 and all you own is a POS, you don't even post a pic of the POS, you joined 4 years ago and never posted during the interim, you work in a parts department and still haven't learned anything about cars

It looks as though the negatives outnumber the positives.

But I'll + rep you anyway. When I was 30, I didn't have and couldn't afford any car. When I bought one at 31, it was a $700 POS. I still couldn't change my own oil if my life depended on it. But during a season of lowered standards, CR took me into the fold.

Oh well, if you end up being a worthless tool, they'll ban you anyway.

Welcome to CR :)

In my defense I have only worked in the parts department for about a month and a half. Before that it has been child care and retail. And as for the long absense not having the internet coupled with all the other stuff i do to relieve boredom like videogames and movies can account for a good portion of that time. But thanks for giving me a chance anyway:)

welcome,

here to learn? perfect

here's lesson #1:: go choke on a dick

j/k welcome to the madness. i've enjoyed this site so much that i've stuck around despite moving to florida and then wisconsin. you'll learn plenty here

This is a good intro?????????

Did you all overdose on valium????

I think the intro sucks and the OP needs to take a hike

QFT.

Somebody who knows nothing about cars trying to sell me parts, WTF?!?! I've just lost my last bit of hope for Carmax.

Even people with old beat up shit post pics, so I vote pics or ban.