base camaro in stock

AJ

we got this in thursday. 2010 camaro base model. V6 with manual 6 speed. sticker is 23k, the cool thing that i haven't seen before is the 18" steel wheels with black lug nut covers and a plastic silver trim ring.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/CamaroAJ/10camaro.jpg

Wow, that thing has some legs on the highway. 29mpg and a 19gal equals 551 miles to a tank.

3780lbs is heavy but it probably does just fine with 304hp stock. Not bad considering what a stock Camaro V8 of the last generation was rated at with 2.1 more liters. They are really pushing engine R&D right now and I love it. Making engines more efficient, making them use less fuel and pushing the hp/liter up making a need for a smaller engine to get the same power, also decreasing fuel consumption. I'm really impressed with what they are doing with DI in a lot of these cars.

245/55/18's stock. That's a 28.6 inch tall tire by the sidewall numbers! Percentage wise that's equivalent to a 16 inch rim on a typical ~25.4 inch tall tire. Which is about typical for most passenger cars until recently. The stock overall tire height on my mom's RAV4 is 27.8 inches tall, .8 inches less than the Camaro's tire.

Lash Chevy in Johnstown. Since the day the Camaro has hit the market they've had at least one at all times, if not more like their current 4. I laughed when I drove past the other day and noticed they had a C5, and the Ford dealership across the street had a pair of C6's.

Nice car. Interesting....

A no option base 2002 Camaro V6 went for less than 17k....

So thats basically a 35% increase in price. Sure its a 2010 model but who in the hell gets a 30+% increase in the their pay in 7 years, average is 2-3% max a year for the average joe...

So thats basically a 35% increase in price. Sure its a 2010 model but who in the hell gets a 30+% increase in the their pay in 7 years, average is 2-3% max a year for the average joe...

17k taken to 2010 using 3% inflation is $21,500. Add how much better the car is, and it seems very reasonable.

While I agree with you somewhat, they have got to pay for all the R&D somehow, and aren't you glad to have another Camaro around, glad enough to pay a couple thousand dollar premium over not having one in production?

Also, god knows that car is probably going to see $5000 in rebates sometime soon, so it'll probably get pretty close to the same price as the 2002 model.

Just my .02

I personally think they should not make a V6 version of the Camaro or the Mustang for that matter. Its kinda like a girls version of a muscle car.

Can't afford not to, The V6 market is the top seller and is what keeps the product line going. Many more V6 cars are sold compared to V8's, it's all about options, thats why these cars were introduced in the first place.

Can't afford not to, The V6 market is the top seller and is what keeps the product line going. Many more V6 cars are sold compared to V8's, it's all about options, thats why these cars were introduced in the first place.

they have sold more v8 camaros in this body style then v6.. a ton more.

and this is the first year they out sold the mustang as well

they have sold more v8 camaros in this body style then v6.. a ton more.

There is a reason that's new's and that's because it's abnormal. It's very unlikely to be the long term trend. The more expensive version of a car will almost never be higher volume than the less expensive version of a car.

And even if they sold 40% v6's and 60% V8's. They are still selling and making 1.66x more vehicles having the v6 than not having the v6. They economies of scale that they get having many common parts on these two cars make the v8 cars cost less. That's always been the reason for the existence of the v8 needing the v6. Regardless of if the V8 or V6 sells more.

While I agree with you somewhat, they have got to pay for all the R&D somehow, and aren't you glad to have another Camaro around, glad enough to pay a couple thousand dollar premium over not having one in production?

Also, god knows that car is probably going to see $5000 in rebates sometime soon, so it'll probably get pretty close to the same price as the 2002 model.

Just my .02

With that said, I guess it's no different than schools saying they need money and the state won't give it to them so they beg the tax payers and make them feel guilty.

Sure I'm glad it's back but after I drove one, I wasn't as impressed as I hoped I'd be.

I'm sure at the end of 2010 or so, there will be some good rebates on them.

For those that haven't driven one yet, do so, your opinion will change of the car.