Dave Gill Chevrolet

Cordell

Well my wife and I bought a new 09 Chevy Cobalt tonight, and I've never felt better about a major purchase. We first went to Dave Gill this past saturday to look at the Cobalts and see if my wife liked them as this will primarily be her car. So we decided to look into financing and seeing what they could offer us with our screwed up credit. They couldn't give us much of an answer saturday so after thinking about it we went back monday and discussed it further. They found a linder that would work with us, but to get the payments we wanted we needed to get an 09 as these had much better rebates. The couple 09s that they had left in stock were just base models, so they found us one that they could do a dealer trade on. We proceeded to work out a good deal and waited until today when they got the car. Fast forward to tonight and we get there to find out the car they were going to get had been sold, so they found us a better one and charged us the same price. So now instead of hub caps we have alloy wheels, and nicer trim with steering wheel controls. After all the rebates and deals they knocked $5000 of the MSRP, and got us right where we needed to be. Not to mention that the APR was a few points lower then we discussed on monday. I'm thrilled shitless to have my first brand new car, and for it to be very affordable.

Cliffs: Dave Gill kicks ass, and I will be going there from now on. :D

Congrats, post up pics for sure! Its just a cobalt to some, but if you're happy that's all that matters.

I didn't get a new car by any means, but I went from a 97 pontiac to a 03 focus w/ low miles and am happy as a pig in shit. It handles much better, rides nicer, is quieter/has more features, and is so far, knock on wood, reliable. So i know the feeling. :)

I wasn't too happy with Dave Gill when we picked up the 02 GPGT for my mother inlaw. They started to give me shit about fixing the lower intake manifold on it saying they gave me a good deal on it (later I found out that was a joke). Then after explaining to them about the 30 day warranty on it they fixed it. They were dicks about it though.

very nice man! My girlfriend wants a cobalt, so after she gets a job we are probly going to try to get one to. Buck, ive only been in the service department once and they were all really nice healpful. My only complaint was that i was there with a friend that had the cat go bad on her GP we sat there for 20 while they looked up the vin and everything, just to tell us that it was covered under warranty, but we would have to take it to a pontiac dealer to have it done. Although i will say its much better than the place we took the car (the dealership just down th road that took over the pontiacs), those guys were a bunch of idiots/ass holes.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I won't ever buy a new car again they lose their value to much by the time its paid off you are lucky to get 1/3 what you paid for it. I'll stick with used and let someone else eat the depreciation. But for a split second I did consider a new Civic when I saw the commercials for $89 a month.

I won't ever buy a new car again they lose their value to much by the time its paid off you are lucky to get 1/3 what you paid for it. I'll stick with used and let someone else eat the depreciation. But for a split second I did consider a new Civic when I saw the commercials for $89 a month.

Cars are not like investments, at least not when they are new, they are for driving and enjoying. So I can apreciate your opinion, but I'll enjoy having something no one else has fucked up. If I was worried about getting my investment back I'd go buy some savings bonds.

• 2 weeks later...