Its semi-official, I will be graduating OSU on sunday!!!

Aaron

My last final is tomorrow (today, thursday) at 11:30am. I have already earned enough points (getting a 96%) to get a D in the class, which is passing, even without taking the final!!!!!

I will still be studying most of the night and doing my best tomorrow morning, but the stress is gone!

It has been a long road for me to get here. I started OSU in Sept 2003 after HS, and went for 3 quarters, with a 3.0gpa avg. Started joining a frat and my GPA suffered the last quarter of my freshman year, and autumn quarter of soph year. I took off the following 3 quarters and worked full time. I went back for a quarter, and didn't do well again. Took another quarter off and started back up Sept 2007. I went straight through for 2 years, a total of 9 quarters with a 3.0gpa for those 9 quarters.

My wife has basically supported me for the past 3 years, with me having a part time job for maybe 6 months total of that. She has made me want to go back to college to better our lives, and has done everything in her power to give me what I needed to succeed. My parent's also have helped in unmeasurable ways, paying for a lot of my college outright, and paying the interest on my loans for what they couldn't afford. They also bought my books, and helped me with money whenever I needed it. Thanks and love to both my wife and parents.

I can't begin to explain how happy I will be come Sunday, Dec 13th. I am the first and 99% likely be the only of my parents 3 children to graduate college (both are 30+ and have full time jobs and no drive to do it).

My dad graduated from OSU in 1972, My wife from OSU in 2006, and now me in 2009!!!!!

Thats it, just super excited.

What's your degree in?

Family Resource Management in the College Of Human Ecology

Its essentially a Banking/Financial Planning degree. I am qualified for any entry level business position; banking, financial planning, accounting, analysis etc

My track was banking, but it only differs the last 3 classes you take. Not really much difference in any of the fields.

Awesome Unit Managment.

Exactly lol

You got married at 21?

I got married at 23, we have been together for about 5 years I think, married for 1 year and 3 months.

I just got back from my last final! Sold back my books, cashed in my parking pass to pay for my $100 fine. Still ended up with $130 after all of it. No holds on my account. Everything is good to go!

Thanks guys. I had a celebratory beer and food at QSL just now.

Its a great feeling. My last final was yesterday morning. Doubt theres gonna be many people on senior crawl tonight since only 2100 people are graduating this quarter.

And the fact that its cold as fuck. No crawl for me. Congrats

Congrats man! I remember the feeling. I litterally yelled at the top of my lungs out the back door of my condo drunk off my butt returning form a celebratory lunch with family and friends at my graduation.

Now the bad news is come Monday, you have to go get a fucking job :(:o

Enjoy it though....you worked hard to make it that far.

I took the summer off after graduation and worked a shitty part-time job so I could enjoy my new found freedom. Don't be in too big of a rush to get a job if you can afford it. Remember, you have the rest of your life to work; enjoy your youth now. :cool:

-Marc

Congrats man! I remember the feeling. I litterally yelled at the top of my lungs out the back door of my condo drunk off my butt returning form a celebratory lunch with family and friends at my graduation.

Enjoy it though....you worked hard to make it that far.

haha, thanks man. Yeah, dinner with family is Sunday after graduation. I will be having a few drinks to say the least.

I have a couple leads for jobs, but nothing yet.

congrats man

Thanks

Congratulations. :)

The more you put into it, the more it means to you, and you've obviously put a lot into your education.

Thanks. It has been a long and trying road, but its all over with!!!

I took the summer off after graduation and worked a shitty part-time job so I could enjoy my new found freedom. Don't be in too big of a rush to get a job if you can afford it. Remember, you have the rest of your life to work; enjoy your youth now. :cool:

-Marc

Yeah, I have a part time job at DSW that I will be working indefinitely until I find a degree oriented job.

Thanks for all of the replys guys. I am psyched.