Damn dry air.

nurkvinny

So, I have had an 8-gallon a day humidifier running for 3 or 4 days straight now, and I am still getting bloody noses from this air (and work air sucks as well). I can't get the house > 29%.

Have any of you guys added a whole-house humidifier to your existing furnace? Was it as easy as it sounds... cut whole in duct, mount unit, plumb a water line to it?

Put cups of water on the air vents. The heat will create a bit of steam everytime it comes on. I use Cool Whip containers with holes cut in the lid so the animals don't spill them.

Put cups of water on the air vents. The heat will create a bit of steam everytime it comes on. I use Cool Whip containers with holes cut in the lid so the animals don't spill them.

I tried doing as you suggested, but my head kept getting wet.

Stupid ceiling vents. :mad:

We put one on our existing furnace, was not very hard at all. It is great to have, it even helps out hardwood floors I feel. My wife also suffered from bloody noses before we put it in and now she never has them anymore. Ours is an Aprilaire and I think it was about $120 if I remember correctly.

I tried doing as you suggested, but my head kept getting wet.

Stupid ceiling vents. :mad:

Duct tape and jello....

Yeah I dunno, lol

We use similar stuff (saline) for our kids' noses, but are you saying it helps bloody noses (i.e. moisturize them)? Now there's a question I didn't imagine myself asking on CR.

Yes. Using saline spray 2-3 times per day will not only keep your noise from drying out but in the winter we all use it as it also helps during cold season. It's been proven to greatly help in warding off colds and sinus issues too.

Have any of you guys added a whole-house humidifier to your existing furnace? Was it as easy as it sounds... cut whole in duct, mount unit, plumb a water line to it?

I sell these units all day for 350 installed, your much better doing it yourself on a financial aspect. The humidifier will do nothing but help all your problems