Anybody with WOW get a price increase letter???

CJINOHIO03

We dropped our price plan down to basic cable.. (no converter box)

and practically dropped our price in half.. we had digital basic before, and all we really lost that we miss is a clock in the basement with us, and BBCA- and now we just download top gear to watch on the Xbox.

Programming costs are going up for everyone. Some of you are probably at the end of your price guarantee.

TW prices went up. I think you are going to see a lot of those "super deals" going away from most providers, as operating at a loss isn't exactly working out for them.

You would be amazed at the amount of money these programmers are trying to extort from companies. ESPN is now getting in the business of trying to charge ISP's to allow their customers to use the ESPN 360 video service on their website.

Though data costs have went up a little based on more useage than ever, programming fees are through the roof. Someone has to pay for it.

I think its BS.

I don't watch 80% of the channels yet I don't have a choice on which ones I want to pay for. It's not just WOW (which I have) but it's all the providers including Direct TV and Dish. I'm not a sports fan yet I have to accept and pay for sports channels I never watch, sounds fair to me...

They need to group similar channels together and give people better choices.

Last week I called in to see what WOW could do for me to get the Science channel. It would cost me $12/month to get that 1 channel. Sure I got a whole bunch more (95% I will never watch), I only wanted the one. The guy ended up giving the "package" to me for free for the next 6 months.

When XM and Sirius merged, it was suppose to be better for the consumer. You could pay for groups of channels you wanted. Yeah, that worked. In reality, for me to keep the same service with my current radio, I had to pay an additional $2.99 month so I could listen online and if I wanted to "pick" my channels, I'd have to buy a new radio for over $100.00, to save $2-3 a month.

If these networks didn't pay the actors and people they endorse big money, our rates would be less.

If these networks didn't pay the actors and people they endorse big money, our rates would be less.

You already solved that problem with the sports. Sports cost a lot of money to broadcast.

Recently, the NFL's TV broadcasters have suffered annual financial losses because advertising revenue is unable to meet the cost incurred by the purchase of broadcast rights.

Monday Night Football moved to ESPN, with the cable network paying $1.1 billion per year from 2006 to 2014 for the rights to the lucrative franchise.
Don't blame your cable company for TV prices, blame the NFL. You can blame them as much as you want for internet prices though. (yes I know there is a difference between networks and cable companies. However, the money makes it all around in the end)

EDIT: Lets put price increases in perspective

http://i48.tinypic.com/5n9a49.png

EDIT2: our cable bill went up