New ride/Project :D

BoostedAce

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And WTF is up with your coolant hose, looks like somebody pieced a bunch of odd-ball pieces together with hose clamps?

This.

The dirty ass rusty intake.

No timing cover.

If you keep throwin parts at this car its gonna die and die fast. Do the maintenance first.

Na its got a evo III 16g, thanks I always hated stock MANIFOLDS though.

Dont. There's no reason to. Stock exhaust manifolds are cheap, simple and effective if ported correctly. A 2g stock exhaust manifold is a slight upgrade for 1g cars. Port it out and its fine. Just b/c its not a pretty or expensive as a tubular manifold doesnt mean its total shit.

I feel like i said this already in this post, did i miss something somewhere? oh well. While your at it go to autozone and get a REAL upper radiator hose, that shit looks like someone bought it at home depot.

I forgot to ask this, did you really put that PVC pipe there so you could add an aftermarket bov for noise? But im being serious, would you rather have a cheap tubliar manifold then to just run a stock manifold then have all your maintence done? Do you really think someone who put together that Upper radiator hose, and sweet Homedept hard pipe, is really capable of spending quality parts and putting a motor together? Either way you can do what you want, its your car people are just trying to tell you something from experence maybe? I know you want to have a fast car at 18 and SHOW ME YOUR BOOST, but sometimes you have to spend money on parts you really do not want to buy! Hopfully you get everything squared away and we do not see a post of you deciding not change your oil to buy this sweet jdm blinky guage. Good luck.

why are you putting injectors in that big for a 16g?? that size injectors are for 50 trim turbos. Mike C was running something close to that size for his 50 trim (dont know what you have now mike...i have been gone forever). the tubular manifold is also kind of a waste of money. ported 2g for what you have is plenty. i would pull the motor and start a full refresh before slapping on parts. i did this on 2 FWD and 1 AWD and blew motors and heads for not properly refreshing before bolting on parts. i would be all over bottom end refresh with new rings and forged pistons with what you are bolting on right now. i have been out of the dsm scene for so long that i may be speaking out of turn...

FWD's are quick as hell...once you get traction. i used to run potenze so3's and they stuck beautifully. did not last worth a poop, but served their purpose.

I forgot to ask this, did you really put that PVC pipe there so you could add an aftermarket bov for noise? But im being serious, would you rather have a cheap tubliar manifold then to just run a stock manifold then have all your maintence done? Do you really think someone who put together that Upper radiator hose, and sweet Homedept hard pipe, is really capable of spending quality parts and putting a motor together? Either way you can do what you want, its your car people are just trying to tell you something from experence maybe? I know you want to have a fast car at 18 and SHOW ME YOUR BOOST, but sometimes you have to spend money on parts you really do not want to buy! Hopfully you get everything squared away and we do not see a post of you deciding not change your oil to buy this sweet jdm blinky guage. Good luck.

No, I did not put pvc piping on it.....if you didnt read i have mabe driven the car 5 times max. Im trying to get a stock B.O.V. so i can make it recirculating because I cant stand when it boggs. I did not put that coolant hose on there either. Those will be going soon enough. I SAID I got these headers because the stock ones on there cracked really bad. I WOULD CALL THAT MAINTENANCE. But look at is as you please. 750cc injectors will be on there BUT I know im in need of a fuel pressure regulator. I was told not to run a Evo III 16g on stock fuel pump and injectors, so I have not beaten on the car. I got the fuel pump in today.

You do know your not going to be able to tune your injectors at idle with a safc because of open and closed o2 loops right?

Good luck.

You should probably read more information before you just start throwing parts at a car. I guarntee you havn't even maxxed out stock injectors, let alone going to ones almost twice the size.

You do know your not going to be able to tune your injectors at idle with a safc because of open and closed o2 loops right?

Good luck.

You should probably read more information before you just start throwing parts at a car. I guarntee you havn't even maxxed out stock injectors, let alone going to ones almost twice the size.

Open and closed 02 loop should get narrowed down as the car sits at idle.

closed 02 loop should get narrowed down as the car sits at idle.

fixed.

open loop reads off a map style chart, where as closed loop relies on the o2 sensor feedback to make idle corrections. Also, the bigger the injectors you get the less stable they are at idle.