New ride/Project :D

BoostedAce

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG!!! i remember like many moons back when Passen was still around going there with a buddy and there was some dude in there talking about modding his eclipse that he said was turbo'd then he asked the salsedude how much headersss were for his car, because he read that was what everyone was buying...

this thread brings back memories for sure. LOL

sucks dude. at least i won't make fun of you. these things happen when you get excited about buying a car---you get blinders on, forget to do/check obvious things, tend to be more impulsive, and before you know it, you end up making a fairly large blunder. that's what your friend is there for--to be the voice of reason, and be the 'devil's advocate', so to speak. he's supposed to be the critic, finding flaws in the car that would give you negotiating power--like the fact that the car is only 2wd

sucks dude. at least i won't make fun of you. these things happen when you get excited about buying a car---you get blinders on, forget to do/check obvious things, tend to be more impulsive, and before you know it, you end up making a fairly large blunder. that's what your friend is there for--to be the voice of reason, and be the 'devil's advocate', so to speak. he's supposed to be the critic, finding flaws in the car that would give you negotiating power--like the fact that the car is only 2wd

and non-turbo!!

Well thanks. Jones probably has fucked up worse then me, he's got a lot more miles than me. http://www.jegs.com/i/Pace+Setter/766/70-1225/10002/-1

And the car has a 16g turbo

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af262/Boosted_ace/c.jpg

Well thanks. Jones probably has fucked up worse then me, he's got a lot more miles than me. http://www.jegs.com/i/Pace+Setter/766/70-1225/10002/-1

And the car has a 16g turbo

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af262/Boosted_ace/c.jpg

Despite what the fine folks at "pacesetter" may have put on the site, that would be a tubular manifold, not tubular "header".

Im just going by what I see. Can you cut me some slack? I just spent a chunk of money and to have my project smashed on.

Get used to it. My car still gets shit talked about it. Fuckin happens. Just get a AVCR (Gear Dependant Boost Controller) and your good to go.

Instead of buying all these tite mods for it why not do all the maintence for the car? Before worrying about power you should dump 3k into that shitty tranny and spend another 800-1k on a nice diff if your trying to mod a wrong wheel drive. I mean GEEZ WITH THAT SUPER SWEET PVC UPPER INTERCOOLER PIPING you can tell some cheap asshole had the car before you. If someone rigged that do you really think they took the time to change the timing belt?

PVC UPIC ----------check!

Black valve cover --------check!

drive shaft?-----------oops

Despite what the fine folks at "pacesetter" may have put on the site, that would be a tubular manifold, not tubular "header".

Sweet jesus i was hoping i wasnt the only one who caught onto that. Make a mental note, when buying parts you get what you pay for. Ever wonder why tubular exhaust manifolds made by reputable venders costs a few hundred dollars? Because they're worth it and dont crack like that pacesetter junk will. If you already bought it... TAKE IT BACK!

And despite what everyone says about your newly aquired FWD, I say keep it. Just b/c its not AWD doesnt mean it cant be fast or make it somewhat reputable ride. Everyone always equats DSM's with AWD, Ive seen plenty of nicely put together FWD DSM's.

If it already has a 16g (which you may want to check on that) then you dont NEED a tubular exhaust manifold. Pick up a used 2g exhaust manifold, get it ported to match a big 16g, MAYBE a tubular 02 sensor housing (at the very least a 2g piece thats ported) and onto a bigger downpipe and exhaust. You dont have to spend, spend, spend and throw parts at a car to make it respectable. The beuty of DSM's has always been cheap speed, there are proven upgrade path's that hundred's of DSM owner's have done before you, follow that and you'll be fine.

Instead of buying all these tite mods for it why not do all the maintence for the car? Before worrying about power you should dump 3k into that shitty tranny and spend another 800-1k on a nice diff if your trying to mod a wrong wheel drive. I mean GEEZ WITH THAT SUPER SWEET PVC UPPER INTERCOOLER PIPING you can tell some cheap asshole had the car before you. If someone rigged that do you really think they took the time to change the timing belt?

PVC UPIC ----------check!

Black valve cover --------check!

drive shaft?-----------oops

OUCH! but seriously he's right. Your cars modded which means its been beat on. ALways a good idea to remember "no matter how much you buy the car for your probably going to reinvest that much in maintenance on it in the future" (quoted by Mike at Road Race Engineering). Do maintenance stuff before modd's.

OUCH! but seriously he's right. Your cars modded which means its been beat on. ALways a good idea to remember "no matter how much you buy the car for your probably going to reinvest that much in maintenance on it in the future" (quoted by Mike at Road Race Engineering). Do maintenance stuff before modd's.

ding!! for the price of the shitty ass pacesetter exhaust manifold you could buy a nice oem timing belt and componets. then with your injector money buy a water pump and fix the hack job! Who the hell would put a freaken PVC pipe on a car and fit a bov to it? That is freaken crazy. I bet you anything its vented to the atmoshpere and making the car run rich and shitty just for noise.

Like there saying even though my cars not a DSM, i did all of this before even putting an intake on.

Cometic MHG

Decked the head and block 100% flat for the headgasket

had the head tanked/rebuilt, a few burnt valves replaced, valve seals replaced

ARP Head Studs

New Waterpump

Tons of old water hoses / vac lines replaced

Brakes/tires all the way around

Etc.

Theres stuff to do before you just dump money in your car.

Like there saying even though my cars not a DSM, i did all of this before even putting an intake on.

Cometic MHG

Decked the head and block 100% flat for the headgasket

had the head tanked/rebuilt, a few burnt valves replaced, valve seals replaced

ARP Head Studs

New Waterpump

Tons of old water hoses / vac lines replaced

Brakes/tires all the way around

Etc.

Theres stuff to do before you just dump money in your car.

I agree, however there have been arguments for years going on about a mfg headgasket vs aftermarket. Either way this is a good way to go, you could/should replace the timing belt if you did all of this to ensure your shit doesnt blow. Timing belts need to be done at 100k NO MATTER WHAT! if your previous owner wasnt sure when the last time it was done was or you didnt ask assume it wasnt done.

The car has a rebuilt engine. The timing belt is brand spanking new. Remember I just picked up the car sunday night and have not had very much time to work on it. After I had the pump and injectors and safc in I planned on buying a front mount kit along with the piping. So the Pvc piping must deff go, I had no plan on even keeping it. Yes the car is currently not recirculating so its running rich, but im not driving it. Its my project and im taking my time on it.

The car has a rebuilt engine.

Stop there. How do you know its rebuilt? Did you pull the oil pan off and look at the crank/rods/pistons? Did you pull the valve cover off and look at the cams and the valve springs etc?

The timing belt is brand spanking new. Remember I just picked up the car sunday night and have not had very much time to work on it.

Did you check the timing belt?

After I had the pump and injectors and safc in I planned on buying a front mount kit along with the piping. So the Pvc piping must deff go, I had no plan on even keeping it. Yes the car is currently not recirculating so its running rich, but im not driving it. Its my project and im taking my time on it.

Thats good. But before you start buying mad tyte jdm parts for it, you should just do the routine maintenance and make sure everything is up to par.