New ride/Project :D

BoostedAce

I agree, however there have been arguments for years going on about a mfg headgasket vs aftermarket. Either way this is a good way to go, you could/should replace the timing belt if you did all of this to ensure your shit doesnt blow. Timing belts need to be done at 100k NO MATTER WHAT! if your previous owner wasnt sure when the last time it was done was or you didnt ask assume it wasnt done.

Only thing is there are no mfg metal headgaskets for this car, and theres no one running good boost on any composite one. Felpro/Toyota whatever, they always blow out. Even under minor boost.

Timing belt was done at like 9X,XXX Miles for it and had the reciept from toyota to prove it. Its about 170K now though so ill probably do it here soon.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only thing is there are no mfg metal headgaskets for this car, and theres no one running good boost on any composite one. .

Mitsu PN# MLHG= MD349347 is the metal OEM gasket.

Also, the stock composite headgasket can run well over 700whp without issue. I ran one for years on my 2g at over 40PSI and never had a failure.

Also, the stock composite headgasket can run well over 700whp without issue. I ran one for years on my 2g at over 40PSI and never had a failure.

As mike said the oem gaskets with a set of arps are more then enough. I even think JP on here ran teh MD349347 OEM gasket and made over 700whp

As mike said the oem gaskets with a set of arps are more then enough. I even think JP on here ran teh MD349347 OEM gasket and made over 700whp

I ran the OEM MD349347 gasket at 700whp for 2 years without failure. The car was only using ARPS and an O-ringed head at the time.

You do remember im talking about a toyota supra here right, not a dsm. There are people ALL over the forums that have headgaskets go bad RIGHT after they are replaced. I didn't even want to fuck with it.

You do remember im talking about a toyota supra here right, not a dsm. There are people ALL over the forums that have headgaskets go bad RIGHT after they are replaced. I didn't even want to fuck with it.

No I did not. Sorry about that. I thought you were referring to a DSM siunce that is what the thread was about.

There clearly are different mechanical issues associated with all makes and models. Headgasket issues on DSMs though are something that I feel is pretty hard to screw up.

No I did not. Sorry about that. I thought you were referring to a DSM siunce that is what the thread was about.

There clearly are different mechanical issues associated with all makes and models. Headgasket issues on DSMs though are something that I feel is pretty hard to screw up.

Yeah, headgaskets on my motor (The 7m) are notorious to fail. They came from the factory torque'd to 58ft lbs. Not NEAR enough. The remedy everyone else has used and shows perfect results is arp studs @ 75-90ft lbs, and a MHG. I was just showing him an example or how people should take care of their cars first before modding them.

Take care of your car, and your car will take care of you.

:lol:

This reminds me of summer of 02. A guy I know picks up a first gen while I had my 2g Talon. Starts talking all kinds of crap how his is SOO fast it does 2 gear burn outs. I say, ok so you got a FWD... gay. He tells me he's not stupid, he checked the vin it is AWD, and it just has that much sack that it does 2 gear all wheel drive burnouts. So I finally see the car and hop underneath. The fucking car had no drive shaft. The ultra cool exhaust was made for a FWD so some dumb fucker pulled the drive shaft so they could run it. :lol:

:lol:

This reminds me of summer of 02. A guy I know picks up a first gen while I had my 2g Talon. Starts talking all kinds of crap how his is SOO fast it does 2 gear burn outs. I say, ok so you got a FWD... gay. He tells me he's not stupid, he checked the vin it is AWD, and it just has that much sack that it does 2 gear all wheel drive burnouts. So I finally see the car and hop underneath. The fucking car had no drive shaft. The ultra cool exhaust was made for a FWD so some dumb fucker pulled the drive shaft so they could run it. :lol:

wow, haven't heard anything like that before.

Ok so here is an update as of today. I picked up an bigger fuel pump out of a wrx that is a direct hook up tuesday. I have a Apexi Neo from my last Dsm and im going to install that. Cars parked at my school in a heated shop so I dont take up space in my garage. Im picking up injectors in a week and a half and aem wideband.

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af262/Boosted_ace/91DSM3.jpg

this is my opinion but i would ditch the AEM wideband for a PLX. i have had both and i promise the PLX will be less hassle free since they dont have gauge issues like the AEM do. and they are self calibrating, as well i have tested 3 different plx widebands that are within tolerance to a Lab grade that is used on a dyno. No i never got to test my aem against this Lab wideband but i have also not had any problems compared to my aem that had many.

this is my opinion but i would ditch the AEM wideband for a PLX. i have had both and i promise the PLX will be less hassle free since they dont have gauge issues like the AEM do. and they are self calibrating, as well i have tested 3 different plx widebands that are within tolerance to a Lab grade that is used on a dyno. No i never got to test my aem against this Lab wideband but i have also not had any problems compared to my aem that had many.

I had issues with an AEM also, Ive personally never had a PLX so I can not say anything. But AEM widebands are junk.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so I went back to school and i put the headers in, since the car has a fresh engine rebuild everything came off easy and got it in 20min.

Shitty pic since i smashed my good phone.

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af262/Boosted_ace/Headers.jpg

Ok, so I went back to school and i put the headers in, since the car has a fresh engine rebuild everything came off easy and got it in 20min.

Shitty pic since i smashed my good phone.

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af262/Boosted_ace/Headers.jpg

MANIFOLD NOT HEADERS