netflix people

wnaplay1647545503

I have an xbox and an internet connection. I hear people say they use netflix. We have blockbuster and get movies through the mail. After watching we can then exchange these movies in store. They always have the new releases. With netflix, how does it work. Can you watch as many movies as you want whenever you want? Can you watch all movies? Do they always have the new releases like blockbuster?

It works like regular Netflix, but with the added option of streaming SOME movies to your xbox directly. Not all of their movies are available to stream, but you can check their website and see which ones are available (they will have an option to "add to your instant queue").

Along with streaming, you can just order DVD's from the website by mail, then return them whenever you are done. There are a bunch of different subscription levels, the cheapest one only gives you 2 hours of streaming per month, but any level besides that one gives you unlimited streaming. I think the cheapest unlimited streaming one is like 7 bucks or something.

Basically it's like Blockbuster, but instead of going to the store you just send it back to them and they send the next one you have on your list.

• Upvote 1

Cool. That made my decision easier. We have had as many as 15 movies a month not including a free game rental each month. I like being able to trade in movies asap instead of waiting for something through the mail entirely. If I could watch whatever I wanted, whenever, I would definately do it but I will stick with blockbuster. Thanks for the info.

damn, 15 movies in a month! fuck, i'm lucky if i have time to watch one or two.

Well, 8 months off due to injury. And my wife didnt work for 8 years until recently she works 4 hrs a day. We have alot of free time. We keep everything maintained so theres nothing to do around the house. The kids pretty much do their own thing, but they watch the movies with us.

I used to use netflix and honestly, there selection of watch it now movies are mediocre and you have to be on the waiting list forever for the newest dvd releases.

I just watch all my movies online now through http://www.movie-forumz.org. tons of new releases and great quality for most.

BTW I watch roughly 30 + movies a month lol

I would also recommend you stay with Blockbuster.

I use Netflix because it suits me a bit better. I only watch at most maybe 4-5 movies a month just due to timing, so my wife and I have the $8/month plan for just one DVD at a time with unlimited streaming.

Honestly the selection of streaming movies can be a bit frustrating. I'm not sure what all goes into them deciding to stream something or not, but it seems to take forever for newer movies to get that ability. The biggest upside for me though is that it's WAY better if you like watching tv shows, which they have a lot of them streaming. that way you don't have to get one DVD that has 4 freakin episodes on it, then send it back and so on....you can just stream episode after episode.

I would also recommend you stay with Blockbuster.

I use Netflix because it suits me a bit better. I only watch at most maybe 4-5 movies a month just due to timing, so my wife and I have the $8/month plan for just one DVD at a time with unlimited streaming.

Honestly the selection of streaming movies can be a bit frustrating. I'm not sure what all goes into them deciding to stream something or not, but it seems to take forever for newer movies to get that ability. The biggest upside for me though is that it's WAY better if you like watching tv shows, which they have a lot of them streaming. that way you don't have to get one DVD that has 4 freakin episodes on it, then send it back and so on....you can just stream episode after episode.

This is the same plan I have. It's tough at first to find good movies to stream but if you spend some time searching you can find pretty good stuff. They have some old Saturday Night Live sketches, a lot of good stand-up comedy movies, and a shitload of documentaries (not for everyone but I like that kind of stuff).

I've been using Netflix to watch a couple series I've been wanting to see for awhile. I'm browsed their "instant view list" and even went through the extensive personal preferences crap and its got crap for "instant" viewing. Something like 15,000 shows most of which are veggie tales and other such cheap stuff. I suppose if you were into pop culture more you could at least watch some of the newer releases online, but to me its a waste and it will be cancelled when I'm done with my series.
  • Upvote 1

I used to be a Blockbuster online customer, but due to a pile of shipping issues (at the end I could never get 3 discs even though I paid for them), no longer making use of the in-store exchanges, and their aweful que policy (basically, if you have anything with a long wait at the top, you will wait far longer to get a disc, even though it probably won't be that disc...but if it isn't at the top, you will NEVER get that long wait disc). Customer service there sucked too.

Netflix has a far better que policy, they ship much more quickly, I use the online streaming some with my PS3, and it is far easier to find movies through Netflix. I'll never go back to Blockbuster. The ONLY advantage to Blockbuster was the in-store exchange, but that went away after I moved out of Reynoldsburg and haven't lived close enough to a Blockbuster store since.

I do about 24 discs a month too, without issue.

Netflix online pretty much sucks. If you're looking for a lot of indy film and really shitty acting, go for it.

Here's a few of the really shitty movies I've watched.

Maniac Nurses (this will make you lol)

Severance (watched this tonight.. lol wtf with a stripper with no clothes on with a sub machine gun).

Dead Girl - watch this if you want another WTF

Impulse is kinda weird

Breathing room is fairly odd and stupid

Naked Fear - Watch this if you wanna see a completely nude hot chick run around for about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes in the woods.

Basically a lot of indy films and older ones from the early 2000's and 90's (watch instantly on 360 that is).

I do feel that the selection of the Instant Plays will get better over time.. But i do think that its possible they could do an increase in price to cover digital rights for making newer releases available.. .. (i am purely speculating here)

We have had netflix since its inception, god knows how many years ago.(7?) We have gone to blockbuster 2x and both were so irritated with the selection and employees s that we left empty handed both times, easily being reminded why we loved netflix.

We watch ALOT of stuff on netflix lnstant Play on the Xbox now that we have it.. (mostly old TV shows, Documentarys.. wahtever) and use our Mail Q for what is NEW in releases.. ..

Ill never step foot back into a rental store again.

• Upvote 1

The instant streaming on 360 has already gotten A LOT better than it was when it first came out. I got it right when it was first made available and canceled shortly thereafter because the selection was awful. I just recently started using it again and there are a lot of good movies on there now. Even more if you go away from the HD stuff which I rarely do.
  • Upvote 1

The instant streaming on 360 has already gotten A LOT better than it was when it first came out. I got it right when it was first made available and canceled shortly thereafter because the selection was awful. I just recently started using it again and there are a lot of good movies on there now. Even more if you go away from the HD stuff which I rarely do.

how long does it take to download/stream?

how long does it take to download/stream?

You just wait 10 or 20 seconds for it to buffer at the beginning. If you FF/RW it will rebuffer for a few seconds when you resume, but I haven't had any issues with it pausing during playback or anything. It will select a bitrate based on the speed of your connection, so the quality may degrade if there is bad congestion. I believe the HD streaming tops out just under 5mbps, so standard RoadRunner is up to the task.

I was able to watch a movie on the Netflix streaming that was never released on DVD (If Looks Could Kill), which was a pretty decent budget film, featuring a Lotus Espirit and 300ZX plus lots of action. Movie has only been released on VHS and Laserdisc, so it was nice to be able to see it.

I think the Netflix moving streaming will only get better. There aren't a lot of new releases on there, but plenty of TV shows, comedy stuff, older movies, etc...plenty of stuff to watch.

I fully believe that Digital streaming movies will be the next fully available thing. People are starting to use thier computers as a media center (ie 360, Wii, and homebuilt HTCs) for thier entertainment.. an Streaming is going to be where its at.

Netflix is ahead of the game as usual. Thier selection will only get btter from here on out, imho