Anybody ever have Gall Stones? or Gall Bladder removed?

CJINOHIO03

Any side effects? horror stories? how long recovery time etc?

My wife. The recovery was pretty quick, like a week and she was good to go. She had issues with eating red meat for about 6 months after, but now she's pretty much fine. Every once in a while she'll get a stomach ache after eating red meat or something similar.

My wife. The recovery was pretty quick, like a week and she was good to go. She had issues with eating red meat for about 6 months after, but now she's pretty much fine. Every once in a while she'll get a stomach ache after eating red meat or something similar.

tube steak is not red meat.

I know somebody who had the procedure. They deal with IBS now, (screaming-panic shits). Not good.http://smiliesftw.com/x/turbohsughr.gif

although a definitive cause is still unknown for IBS, having your galbladder removed isnt one. it might exaserbate symptoms of IBS if you already have it, but its not a cause.

if you need your galbladder removed, you dont have much choice. if they do a lap chole you should walk out of the hospital sans 1 galbaldder with a couple 2-3cm holes in a few days. If its to infected to do it laproscopically(small hole option), your going to get cut like a mexican. find out what the MD plans on doing

MAKE SURE to see the hospital dietician for tips on what you should be eating before you leave

perhaps there's some sort of homeopathic cure?? some type of massage to remove the gallstones?? not sure on the answer to this.

friend at work was having pains went to the doctor and they advised him he had gull stones and wanted to remove them. He changed his diet and is now fine. no more pain at all and has lost over a 100lbs in the process. That may not be a option for everyone but one thing to consider.

My mom had her gall bladder removed since her's died on her. She had horrible pains and had to ball up into the fetal position right before they were removed. Doctors said she had a gall bladder attack. Recovery wasn't but a few weeks afterward and she was fine. She had to change her diet. Anything high in fat gave her stomach problems after eating it. She mostly would poop it all out. Eating chicken pot pies with lard would make her crap within 10 minutes of eating one. And yes greasy poop is a side effect.

I am pretty sure I will have to get mine removed. I have had greasy poop since I was 10. Shitting is annoying.

friend at work was having pains went to the doctor and they advised him he had gull stones and wanted to remove them. He changed his diet and is now fine. no more pain at all and has lost over a 100lbs in the process. That may not be a option for everyone but one thing to consider.

he probably had 'sludge' and not stones. once you get large stones, that cause surrounding inflammation, they will not typically go away--its only a matter of time until they plug up the bile duct and you turn an elective operation into an emergent one

forgive my retardness on the subject, but does this just happen in some people or is there a leading cause or reason as to why some people develop them and others don't?

I heard spicy foods could be one cause. I attend a Hispanic church, and I know quite a few Mexicans who had their gall bladder removed at a young age.

forgive my retardness on the subject, but does this just happen in some people or is there a leading cause or reason as to why some people develop them and others don't?

tons of different factors. i can remember reciting the four 'f's in grad school to remind myself of the most common people to get them

fat

female (gender)

fertile (someone who's had multiple kids)

forty (years old)