The Mustang is Down

Kevin R.

last time i got rear ended they tried to pull the same crap with me that i would have to pay for it as well. I told them to either cover it or i will see them in court and they can start discussing things with my lawyer as i went to the hospital and everything. They quickly changed their tune and everything was much easier from then on out and got exactly what i wanted.

:rolleyes: I laugh at people when they tell me that. attys will not get you more money, they take 1/3 of it! and we would rather deal with an atty than you anyway, no emotions involved. an insurance goal is to settle as quickly as possible, period. so an atty just slows that process down, thats why ins comps don't like to deal with them.

Kevin, there could be many things going that you aren't aware of. like, the other driver may have a different story than you. his ins comp would have to investigate liability at that point. maybe his ins comp hasn't spoke with the other driver yet? you wouldn't want your ins to pay out on a claim when they haven't verified everything with you first. trust me they want this taken care quickly as do you.

as far as the value goes. I don't see anymore deductions from 150k miles to 204k. as long as the body and interior is in good condition you will get around the $4k. thats from the nada.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$4K would be nice!

This is starting to get annoying though. It doesn't matter what story the other driver tells - CPD came and issued him a citation. They are trying to figure out STILL whose policy will cover the damages, his or his daughters since she owns the car. It is part of their "investigation" to talk to her and make sure he had permission to drive the car. Well, why the fuck do I care? They still can't get me in a rental. $25 a day is IMPOSSIBLE if you are under 25. They did not care one bit when I spoke with them today on the phone. Very frustrating but I'll let it sort itself out for now.

$4K would be nice!

This is starting to get annoying though. It doesn't matter what story the other driver tells - CPD came and issued him a citation. They are trying to figure out STILL whose policy will cover the damages, his or his daughters since she owns the car. It is part of their "investigation" to talk to her and make sure he had permission to drive the car. Well, why the fuck do I care? They still can't get me in a rental. $25 a day is IMPOSSIBLE if you are under 25. They did not care one bit when I spoke with them today on the phone. Very frustrating but I'll let it sort itself out for now.

yeah thats the hold up. must have been an unlisted driver or unlisted veh. I know its frustrating man, there is going to be two ins comp involved. the insurance typically follows the vehicle though. never heard of the $25/ day limit. should ask them where to get a rental for 25? obv they can so they should point you in the right direction.

If you are not at fault, then it is up to his insurance company to make you "whole" again. They must pay for the repairs, where you want it done, and how you want it done (within stock limits). If it costs you $50 bucks a day for a rental, show them where you looked for a rental car proving the prices. Then they will have to pay for it. If they say no, then send them a letter from your lawyer.

A lady hit my Mustang in a McD's lot, claimed fault. Her insurance said they would only pay for remain, or aftermarket replacement wheels and 1/4 panels. I told them they would pay it wether they liked it or not. They did after my lawyer sent State Farm and they lady that hit me a letter threatening to sue. Got a call two days later saying they would have a check to me in one-two days.

Shits weak, man. Sorry to hear about all that

Yeah, shit is weak. If I was 22 without a car to borrow and parents to help out I would be in a world of hurt right now trying to get to work and pay my bills.

You would think my "agent", Progressive, could at least return my phone calls.

Yeah, shit is weak. If I was 22 without a car to borrow and parents to help out I would be in a world of hurt right now trying to get to work and pay my bills.

You would think my "agent", Progressive, could at least return my phone calls.

agent? or claims rep? have you filed a claim with your ins comp?

agent? or claims rep? have you filed a claim with your ins comp?

Yes I have. I mean claims rep. I am just saying I pay Progressive to be my insurance "agent" in a sense. You think they would, at the least, return their customer's phone calls -- especially after an accident.

My claims rep at Progressive gave me a friendly call today just to let me know he would be on vacation until January 5th. Bahahaha. What a joke this is.

I absolutely cannot speak with these people any longer. The degree of "not caring" they have on the phone is intolerable to me. I honestly almost threw my phone out of frustration. For something that isn't my fault -- I sure am getting fucked.

He also told me if I couldnt get a rental out of pocket I should work on borrowing a car or "bumming rides". REALLY?

are people not allowed to take vacation during christmas? do you expect him to stay at work and make continuous phone calls to state farm with no return phone call so you can blame him for not getting you a rental car. you have to mitigate your damages. if your car broke down, what would you do? thats what you need to do now until they get things in order. also, there is nothing progressive can do for you unless you have full covg. the wait is on state farm, your claims rep can make all the phone calls in the world and it won't make them any faster.......

I understand your frustration and this isn't your fault, but there are processes to everything. unfortunately this fell on a holiday too. you might be lucky and the other person even has insurance. what will you do then........

Man Kevin that sucks man that car was in GREAT SHAPE for that many miles I delt with nationwide they were horrible but I got paid when I got rearended in my car they fixed my car and cut me a check for $2K for my discomfort hang in there man it will work out

I understand you do this for a living so you are naturally going to defend your job. It is still annoying nonetheless.

Sure, anyone can take a vacation during the holidays. I haven't heard back from Nationwide in a few days. They kept trying to pass me along to a supervisor who ended up being on vacation as well. Absolutely you can take a vacation -- but lets keep in mind MY vacation is two days -- then I have to go back to work. How will I get there? No one gives two shits.

Any right-minded person would be annoyed at this. I am not saying he couldn't take a vacation for the holidays -- but at least call and act like you are trying, or that something is getting done. Anytime I get ahold of someone they act like they don't know what they fuck is going on in the least. It is always "Sure...um yeah...hold on one sec. I have to check my notes." Awesome music for 5 minutes. "Yeah, um, I was out yesterday and Bill worked some on this. Nothing new yet. Sorry."

Meanwhile, jackass who pulled into my car is still cruising around in his perfectly fine, albeit dented, car.

Additionally, Nationwide said they were sending someone out to look at the car today. Well guess what fucks, I work at the dealership you were supposed to come to. No one showed up.

are people not allowed to take vacation during christmas? do you expect him to stay at work and make continuous phone calls to state farm with no return phone call so you can blame him for not getting you a rental car. you have to mitigate your damages. if your car broke down, what would you do? thats what you need to do now until they get things in order. also, there is nothing progressive can do for you unless you have full covg. the wait is on state farm, your claims rep can make all the phone calls in the world and it won't make them any faster.......

I understand your frustration and this isn't your fault, but there are processes to everything. unfortunately this fell on a holiday too. you might be lucky and the other person even has insurance. what will you do then........

I understand you do this for a living so you are naturally going to defend your job. It is still annoying nonetheless.

Sure, anyone can take a vacation during the holidays. I haven't heard back from Nationwide in a few days. They kept trying to pass me along to a supervisor who ended up being on vacation as well. Absolutely you can take a vacation -- but lets keep in mind MY vacation is two days -- then I have to go back to work. How will I get there? No one gives two shits.

Any right-minded person would be annoyed at this. I am not saying he couldn't take a vacation for the holidays -- but at least call and act like you are trying, or that something is getting done. Anytime I get ahold of someone they act like they don't know what they fuck is going on in the least. It is always "Sure...um yeah...hold on one sec. I have to check my notes." Awesome music for 5 minutes. "Yeah, um, I was out yesterday and Bill worked some on this. Nothing new yet. Sorry."

Meanwhile, jackass who pulled into my car is still cruising around in his perfectly fine, albeit dented, car.

Additionally, Nationwide said they were sending someone out to look at the car today. Well guess what fucks, I work at the dealership you were supposed to come to. No one showed up.

heres my point man. if you don't have full covg there nothing your insurance can do. they can call nationwide and get the same answers you would. I completely understand its frustrating. But I can promise they are moving as fast as they can. I am sure the hold up is contact with all the involved parties.

Ya i would say if you had full coverage your insurance agent could get something going for you, then bill it out to nationwide.

Next time you call nationwide tell them you are not getting off of the phone until this is settled right now and you can have a car to go to work, and the car is at the body shop of your choice getting fixed.

Wow this sucks I am sorry. Having an accident when it was some other jackasses fault is horrible I have been there. I've had a car that was in 2 accidents not my fault and still running. It takes a lot of money :(

You mentioned you had liability insurance only. This is why I never recommend getting such low coverages on a car you enjoy. It is good at least that the other driver was insured. My wife didn't want full coverage on her car after we got married. I told her I would pay for it anyway. A couple months later she was rear ended at a red light by someone without insurance. They took care of us and even ordered a rental car for me. They drove it to me at the auto repair shop. Everything was paid up front and our insurance didn't go up because of it.

I still don't understand why you haven't gotten a rental. When my wife's car was totalled we went to the rental place and explained what was going on. They used our credit card just to put a hold on it, not take any money. This was just to cover their end. The other insurance company then payed the bill. This is common practice. If you want to have a car to drive that's all you have to do. Quit bitching about it and just go get one. The other company has to pay for your rental. It's their customers fault that you don't have anything to drive, so they are obligated to take care of that. Just realize that once they cut you a check for your car, they won't pay much longer on a rental. They expect you to get a car very quickly.