Is there a watch crew?

Sam1647545489

I had a few tag heuer watches as of recent but had to sell to pay bills. I also had a rolex that I bought on a whim. I wish I still had that. Never heard of what your asking about.

I like this one, it is different then normal watches.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CORUM-JOKER-BUBBLE-AUTOMATIC-CHRONO-CHRONOGRAPH-LTD-ED_W0QQitemZ250537421893QQcmdZViewItemQQptZWristwatches?hash=item3a5531ac45

They also got a solid blue one, 45mm that I really like as well..

http://cgi.ebay.com/Corum-Bubble-XL-Blue-Leather-45mm-NEW_W0QQitemZ300371968691QQcmdZViewItemQQptZWristwatches?hash=item45ef9082b3

WOW 3k for that 'joker' watch? really?! Honestly it looks a bit... cheesy i guess. Im sure they make good piece's but I would want something that looks more classy if Im going to spend that kind of money on something.

Sam, if you want a nice watch, I'd recommend you buy something with decent re-sell value - Corums don't hold value as they are a novelty watch. Personally, I'd buy something pre-owned if you have a budget under $5k that you won't lose 75% if/when you decide to trade up in the future.

I bought a Panerai 213 awhile back that I really like. They hold their value as well as any watch on the market and you won't see one every week - at least not in Ohio. :)

In b4 Bob brings his Panerai hate in here. I for one love them and plan on my next watch being a Pam 111H.

Corum styling is kinda take-it or leave-it. I like some of their stuff, some I hate. As Jamie mentioned if you're planning on not keeping it forever then Corum might not be the best bet.

If you're looking for different and funky-fresh. I vote Franck Muller.

http://www.franckmullerusa.com/

Also, hit up Andy (Audion19s) with questions, he a much bigger watch nerd than most realize.

Watches are a funny mix of personal expression and making a statement at the same time.

You really can't go wrong with any of the major players in the market. There are some great pieces from companies like Corum, JLC, IWC, Bell & Ross, etc that get very little recognition but are great departures from the norm.

Like any other luxury item it's very rare that any of them are going to be a good investment so go with what speaks to you and wear the piss out of it. Buying a Patek to sit in the watch box hoping it appreciates in value is not my idea of enjoying a watch...not to mention I'm not a fan of their designs anyhow.

I picked up this gem last week, set me back a pretty penny, but I'm ballin outrageous right now so I said fuck and copt it anyway, check me out!

http://www.skywatches.com.sg/casio_calculator_watch/images/DBC-610GA-1DF.jpg

It gives me the date and time in an easy to read digital format. The watch is plated with the best 12 karat gold/ brass mix. It’s water resistant up to .914 meters (not sure how deep that is exactly, but whatever). The face is sealed with the finest plastic. The band is elastic and aluminum. The gold one is top of the line. I only wear it out to real nice restaurants like Applebee’s. I’m thinking about getting the black one to wear as a daily but I got stack some more chips first. Oh and in case you managed to miss it, this bitch has a calculator built into it. Now I can figure out elementary math problems like addition and subtraction without being bothered by thought. If you’re interested you can get them at any of the fine jewelry counters like K-Mart, Sears, Wal-Mart and Big Lots.

• Upvote 1

I do like watches (particularly pocket watches), but to me they're like a nice pair of cufflinks, accessories. I don't wear them daily, and usually only on occasion. I also can't convince myself to drop more than $300.00 on a watch. Though I'm sure to the connoisseur it's totally worth it.