Vances

HotCarl

Vance's salesmen do not work on commission, never have.

You obviously didn't have them specify that you would get a refund. Not very many people buy a gun then want to return it with a refund, most want to buy a gun, and will exchange it for another one because they don't want the one they bought.

I've provided some simple reasons as to why, and I can understand that you are pissed, but seriously, maybe you should have checked before buying a gun.

The point of the post wasnt to say Vance's is a shitty store or a bad place to shop. Its simply to call into question their customer service techniques which need ALOT of work. Yes they have a corner on the market in their area of town but Blackwing is an equal drive for me and looks more and more appealing.

I'll give them this, they have a great selection. Knowledgable staff (when it comes to guns anyway ;) ) and a decent price on most of their item's. But the same can be said for most other gun stores in Columbus.

Oh and in rebuttle/defense of what i said earlier. I asked the second salemen when i was attempting to return the gun if this happens alot during christmas time (ie, a present that maybe wrong or just plain unwanted) he flat out said "yes".

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point of the post wasnt to say Vance's is a shitty store or a bad place to shop. Its simply to call into question their customer service techniques which need ALOT of work. Yes they have a corner on the market in their area of town but Blackwing is an equal drive for me and looks more and more appealing.
They have been in the business of selling guns for over 40 years. Just because you want them to change their refund policy that they have had for as long as I can remember, doesn't mean they have bad customer service. You do also realize that Vance's owns Buckeye Outdoors, one of the largest stores of it's type in the whole state. I would say they have the market for more than just that area of town. Although, I am not really sure anyone cares where you shop.

I'll give them this, they have a great selection. Knowledgable staff (when it comes to guns anyway ;) ) and a decent price on most of their item's. But the same can be said for most other gun stores in Columbus.
Not really, I've never been treated better than at Buckeye Outdoors (Vance's owned). Gander Mountain and Dick's are outrageously priced, NASR is full of a bunch of assholes who treat you like shit and have shitty prices, and Blackwing is owned by some shady folks.

Oh and in rebuttle/defense of what i said earlier. I asked the second salemen when i was attempting to return the gun if this happens alot during christmas time (ie, a present that maybe wrong or just plain unwanted) he flat out said "yes".
Same could be said for any item at any store, not sure the point you are trying to make here.

That's a little crummy about the return. I'm surprised they wouldn't at least put it on consignment for you, since my dad has done that same exact thing before (albeit, 8 years ago). I like blackwing except their prices are absolutely retarded on most things. It really seems to me like they're trying to take advantage of ignorant wealthy folk.

Well, I have heard her mentality before many times. The way around this is to make her very aware of VIOLENT crime in her area and give her this little known, but TRUE FBI stat: One in four people in the US will be or will know a victim of violent crime. Chances are it would not persuade her, but it is worth the chance. If you can make her vividly imagine it without pissing her off, it just might work. Worked 80% of the time for me in sales. It really sucks that you might lose some money because of a liberal's attitude, but the other side of this coin is that someone will be very willing to buy a new gun off of a private individual and save a few bucks in the process. If you think of it from the gun retailer's viewpoint-- how can they prove something nefarious didn't happen with the gun while it was not in their possession? Even though it wasn't "used" it was still pre-owned. It's a lot like titling a car and never driving it--it still has a PO.

Might be able to find a cheap beginner's class for the woman in question and get her excited about shooting some .22's.

Sounds like the salesguy Chuck needs a foot in his ass for not knowing the policies of his own employer. That would have been my defense when I took it back. He represents them and if you take the time to ask an employee and you're given incorrect information, it's not fair for you to get the short end of the stick. Fuck that!

What the fuck do you want that kind of credit for in that store if you aren't buying a gun with it. Stupid policy. Just one more thing I hate about that place. I gotta get a # to get a box of ammo. Packed fucking store people wanting to see guns...yet I gotta wait 45 to 60 mins with a # to get a box of fucking ammo. Fuck that place! Then if I wanna return something...instead of the twits at the register processing the return. I again gotta go get a # and wait for one of the dbags in the back to write it up.. So again I am waiting 45 to 60 mins to return an item. Hell with that place.

Sounds like the salesguy Chuck needs a foot in his ass for not knowing the policies of his own employer. That would have been my defense when I took it back. He represents them and if you take the time to ask an employee and you're given incorrect information, it's not fair for you to get the short end of the stick. Fuck that!

What the fuck do you want that kind of credit for in that store if you aren't buying a gun with it. Stupid policy.

Sounds like he knew the policies. From what the OP has said, he never said anything about a refund.

What the fuck do you want that kind of credit for in that store if you aren't buying a gun with it. Stupid policy. Just one more thing I hate about that place. I gotta get a # to get a box of ammo. Packed fucking store people wanting to see guns...yet I gotta wait 45 to 60 mins with a # to get a box of fucking ammo. Fuck that place!

Go to Buckeye Outdoors. Same prices, less hood, and you can get your own ammo. They have their policies for a reason, and saying "fuck them" because 1 person wants them to bend the rules just for them, is stupid.

Go to Buckeye Outdoors. Same prices, less hood, and you can get your own ammo. They have their policies for a reason, and saying "fuck them" because 1 person wants them to bend the rules just for them, is stupid.

I don't want them to bend over for me specifically....I just think they need to redo the process on ammo purchases and returns. They need a dedicated ammo runner, if it must remain behind the counter. Then they need more than two convenient store registers to process purchases and returns....thus a couple more bodies.

If you go to vances during the week you don't have a problem. You go there saturday then yes you will wait a long time. Vances still sells ammo for cheaper or at least what walmart offers. But I won't support walmart even if their ammo is cheaper...

I don't want them to bend over for me specifically....I just think they need to redo the process on ammo purchases and returns. They need a dedicated ammo runner, if it must remain behind the counter. Then they need more than two convenient store registers to process purchases and returns....thus a couple more bodies.

I don't think they should redo the policy on returns. All it does is ask for trouble to offer full refunds. The ammo, yeah that asks something to be desired, but like I said, go to Buckeye Outdoors if you want to fondle all the ammo yourself.

I haven't been to Vance's in a few months, but I have stopped in to Buckeye Outdoors many times in the last month (friend moved to Hebron). They had signs up all over the place explaining the return policy. It sucks to hear you had a bad experience as Vances. Worst I ever heard was people complaining about the wait.

If you go to vances during the week you don't have a problem. You go there saturday then yes you will wait a long time. Vances still sells ammo for cheaper or at least what walmart offers. But I won't support walmart even if their ammo is cheaper...

This isn't necessarily the case alot of times. I have been there a few times during the week and I still have to take a number for ammo. Now, I will say that the wait is usually a little shorter than a weekend day.

If you put it on your credit card....call the card company and dispute the charges.

That will do 1 of 2 things.

1. Nothing will happen, because it says all over receipts and etc that you only get a store credit or exchange.

2. He will get banned from Vance's and Buckeye Outdoors for life. Not a good thing to have happen.

That will do 1 of 2 things.

1. Nothing will happen, because it says all over receipts and etc that you only get a store credit or exchange.

2. He will get banned from Vance's and Buckeye Outdoors for life. Not a good thing to have happen.

It will be option 1.. I know this cause I do credit card disputes. :) If it's posted on the receipt and in the store that only store credit is issued there is nothing more that can be done.

This isn't necessarily the case alot of times. I have been there a few times during the week and I still have to take a number for ammo. Now, I will say that the wait is usually a little shorter than a weekend day.

I must have good timing.

• 2 weeks later...

I did not read Page 2 or 3 of this however....

You knowingly purchased a firearm to give to someone else? They knew this, and still followed through?

The last firearm I purchased, if you answered the question regarding "are you purchasing this firearm for yourself?" as a "no", you were declined.

:wtf:

KillJoy

I did not read Page 2 or 3 of this however....

You knowingly purchased a firearm to give to someone else? They knew this, and still followed through?

The last firearm I purchased, if you answered the question regarding "are you purchasing this firearm for yourself?" as a "no", you were declined.

:wtf:

KillJoy

a gift purchase isnt the same as a straw purchase for the crack addict down on the corner.