Columbus Racing in 2010

wagner

What sort of things would everyone like to do? I would like to do more meets and maybe set some more regular things up like cars and coffee. There will be more track days of course and maybe some other suprises on the horizon as well :)

The big thing is that if we are going to do more as a group I would like some extra help. I am going to be going back to school to pick up my next undergrad and time might be tight.

Ideas I had in mind:

Summer Potluck Cookout

Group Meets at big events (good guys, import faceoff, street life tour)

Weekly cruise in's

Magic Mountain Rental (something for the family types)

Events with other groups (Ohio Riders, Buckeye Stangs, Cleveland Racing)

What I do not have time for is negative people. If you don't like the location or event then don't post anything or don't come. Yes it is that simple. Nothing is more disrespectful to someone organizing an event then that. If you think you have a better idea pm me but be ready to back it up and help make it work.

I don't like any of those locations, or events. HMMPH ! I'm not going !

I swear to LS1 Boosted Baby Jesus the next time I see you I am going to headbutt you.

You need to come out more Cobra Commander demands it! I even put an idea out there that includes a family end of things...

That is not too difficult to do. He is already thinking about deleting all of our useless posts in this thread. :D

You are next on the list for a headbutt you hillbilly...

I knew this thread would get shat in like a port-o-john on a job site after taco night.

How about stuff later at night? My work schedule makes going to meets difficult. I normally go out to BW3s after work during the week. Lets get something going that starts at 1030-1100pm.

Yes this was actually something that has been talked about.

I know u said cruise in meets but what about setting up a large cruise around town ? I'm not talking who's king of 270 but more of a nice slow cruise on the out skirts of town around columbus? Ending in. Dinner or lunch at a certain place.

Also the offroad side of events mabey plana. Trip out to an actual park not just reobs shop( we all appreciate ur hospitality while we are there thanks again for the entertainment)

Also the gun side mabey make a once a month meet at a range.

Also drag days. Let's try others. Even if they are shitty tracks trails an dragway42 r nice an all.

wigger leme know if u need some help captain.

Maybe this year we focus on having bigger gatherings maybe not so close in time frame. Its not so easy for us married guys with families to make it out and the guys I talk to all say the same thing. "I cant make it out every weekend, but I dont know what meets are worth coming out to and which ones are 3 guys sitting in a parking lot". It would be nice if like cars and coffee there were meets which were set once a month where you knew you would run into alot of cr guys. Its just not easy coming out on the drop of a hat because someone wants to meet up. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but it could make for a tighter group of people.

I think we should make an offroad section

Not my call that might be something to post in the "ask sho" section...

I know u said cruise in meets but what about setting up a large cruise around town ? I'm not talking who's king of 270 but more of a nice slow cruise on the out skirts of town around columbus? Ending in. Dinner or lunch at a certain place.

Also the offroad side of events mabey plana. Trip out to an actual park not just reobs shop( we all appreciate ur hospitality while we are there thanks again for the entertainment)

Also the gun side mabey make a once a month meet at a range.

Also drag days. Let's try others. Even if they are shitty tracks trails an dragway42 r nice an all.

wigger leme know if u need some help captain.

Good ideas there and the people at Sonic wanted us to do a Poker run so that could be done.

As for track days we are limited as to who lets us do the rentals and distance. Thompson would be an outstanding track but listen to the "but i don't want to drive that far" is not worth it. I could book that up on cleveland racing and sell it out no problem.

Maybe this year we focus on having bigger gatherings maybe not so close in time frame. Its not so easy for us married guys with families to make it out and the guys I talk to all say the same thing. "I cant make it out every weekend, but I dont know what meets are worth coming out to and which ones are 3 guys sitting in a parking lot". It would be nice if like cars and coffee there were meets which were set once a month where you knew you would run into alot of cr guys. Its just not easy coming out on the drop of a hat because someone wants to meet up. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but it could make for a tighter group of people.

I would like to have something that happens on xx weekend or something like cars and coffee that goes bi-weekly.

I am sure there will be stuff that gets done every weekend because I know many of us like to enjoy the weather any chance we can.

I come out as often as I can anyway, so if I can help out I'd be happy to. I have no experience planning events, but I can help out.

I'd also be interested in some off-road stuff involving ATVs.

I really like having weekly meets, and while I understand its really hard for most to come out every week, maybe enough people would be interested in a weekly cruise that a few people could roll with me. I almost always go for a drive sunday afternoon as it is.

I also look forward to Cars and Coffee coming back. This was a great idea and I really enjoyed it. Love a dyno day also, and I'm sure we'll have a couple.

Any suggestions on getting people to come out would be great.