2011 (?) Buick Regal GS

Mallard

"Unofficially" debuted by Lutz. Instead of the 325HP turbo 2.8L 6 that it gets in Europe, we're going to get a 255HP/295 lb-ft turbo 2.0L. It still has AWD and a 6 speed manual.

I like it!

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/01/07/buick-regal-gs-brings-performance-back-to-trishield-brand/#continued

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2010/01/regalgs---01_opt.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good looking car! Configuration and performance sound good too, though wish it was a native RWD platform with this option rather than the Epsilon II, but it's a giant leap forward in the right direction.

They stole the wheels from Nissan! Marxima? 370zed?

That is a great looking car! I currently own a Passat, and if this Regal GS is even a halfway decent performer, I would consider it as a replacement.

The only problem for me is the CTS-V still gives me happypants.

I like it a lot. Better looking than the Maxima although very, very simliar. I question weather that power plant would be fun in such a car though. In the MS3 it's one thing...in a big heavy sedan, I don't think so.

I like it a lot. Better looking than the Maxima although very, very simliar. I question weather that power plant would be fun in such a car though. In the MS3 it's one thing...in a big heavy sedan, I don't think so.

It has a chance to be fun to drive. The B7 A4 uses the 200hp/207tq 2.0T in the B7 and it managed a 15.0 1/4 mile time. The B8 uses the 211/258 2.0T and is even faster. Both are fun to drive, and both are excellent engines. So great that Audi stopped putting the 3.2 V6 in the A4.

The 2.0T in the Cobalt SS is 260/260. That would be enough to have a very lively, fun to drive AWD sedan. Assuming the weight is around 3500, I think it will do just fine.

I would rock one if it has the 2.8 turbo 6 cyl

Consider that the Cobalt/HHR and Solstice/Sky's can get ~450HP with a turbo swap and a reflash. Nothing else. Stock fuel system, stock head, stock bottom end.

Autoblog claimed that it would be mid to upper $30k's, but I don't think that's any number that came out of GM's mouth. A base Regal is the same price range as a Malibu, which tops out at $30K EVEN. I see this coming in around $34-36k. Any more and you might as well buy an AWD Caddy CTS.

Consider that the Cobalt/HHR and Solstice/Sky's can get ~450HP with a turbo swap and a reflash. Nothing else. Stock fuel system, stock head, stock bottom end.

Autoblog claimed that it would be mid to upper $30k's, but I don't think that's any number that came out of GM's mouth. A base Regal is the same price range as a Malibu, which tops out at $30K EVEN. I see this coming in around $34-36k. Any more and you might as well buy an AWD Caddy CTS.

:nod:

Looks really nice for a buick, but when I think of big car thats matched with power I think of something thats aleast a 6 cly turbo. I know 2.0 liters can be fast blah blah, but no matter what, the on and off switch of power would suck in a bigger car. anyone thats ever had a big turbo 4 cly knows what im talking about . A big car should be able to push its own weight before the turbo too.

Looks really nice for a buick, but when I think of big car thats matched with power I think of something thats aleast a 6 cly turbo. I know 2.0 liters can be fast blah blah, but no matter what, the on and off switch of power would suck in a bigger car. anyone thats ever had a big turbo 4 cly knows what im talking about . A big car should be able to push its own weight before the turbo too.

This isn't going to be a "big turbo 4cyl". It will likely make full *factory* boost at or below 2k with a flat as hell tq. curve.

The turbo spools quickly because it's small and the cam phasing help even more.

Here's a dyno plot of the LNF engine in the Cobalt. It makes peak torque from 2000 rpm until almost redline. It's only making a couple ft-lb shy of peak at 1500 rpm. The Regal is tuned for higher torque (295 lb-ft), and my thought's are it will get up and go. Go drive a new Fusion AWD Sport. That car is the same size and it makes 263 HP / 249 lb-ft with a V6.

http://archives.media.gm.com/us/powertrain/en/product_services/2010/gmna/HPT%20Library/Ecotec/2010%20Ecotec%2020L%20LNF%20Cobalt%20SS.pdf

With a compressor wheel swap guys are putting down around 330HP. (Spools pretty much like stock.)