? For the bank guys.

pontiacfreak142

Last week i over spent a little and ended up going into the negatives and got charge for over draft fees. Now some of them are legit and my fault, but the first one i got shows that i have 56 dollars in my account, then just a random 36 over draft charge which put me at 22. then i spent 24 and that put me at -2 and it goes on from there. Do they owe me some money or is there something im missing? Also i deposited enough money to get back up, but my insurance came out and knocked me back down, so now im getting charged 8 a day for constantly being in the negatives. Can they do that since i got back up to the positive and had 1 charge that put me back down?

ok but one thing i dont get is, i still shouldnt have 3 over draft charges then, because if i have 56 dollars, and spend 24, i should have 22. Then the next charge was 18, and the next is 10, whic should be the only one i get charged for correct? And i have national city.

you get hit per item in the neg. you could have 10 hits of 25 cents a piece and if you are neg you will get 10 different 35 fees (or whatever it is). those have to post though before money is deposited to get the charge. meaning if i ran something through for 10 and i go neg by 5 bucks...you can put money in same day without getting hit on over draft. only time you get a charge is when something posts while you are in the neg.

once you are determined to have gone overdraft, you'll get a fee for every transaction.

Provided you don't have a history of this behavior, go into your local bank and explain the situation to them and how you tried to make a deposit to cover everything that day but it didn't post (that's what I took from your story correct?). They should likely reduce it so that you're only paying one overdraft fee and waive the others. Worth doing since the fees are a pretty penny.

once you are determined to have gone overdraft, you'll get a fee for every transaction.

Provided you don't have a history of this behavior, go into your local bank and explain the situation to them and how you tried to make a deposit to cover everything that day but it didn't post (that's what I took from your story correct?). They should likely reduce it so that you're only paying one overdraft fee and waive the others. Worth doing since the fees are a pretty penny.

did exactly this and they took most of them off for me, which was awsome.

the retarded thing is, the lady recommended that i get OD, and when i told her i wanted to, she said i had to have a savings account or credit card, which i did have a savings, but got rid of it due to the fact that if i didnt have at least 300 in it, they took 3 bucks a month. But my mom says she has OD, and doesnt have either of those though

did exactly this and they took most of them off for me, which was awsome.

the retarded thing is, the lady recommended that i get OD, and when i told her i wanted to, she said i had to have a savings account or credit card, which i did have a savings, but got rid of it due to the fact that if i didnt have at least 300 in it, they took 3 bucks a month. But my mom says she has OD, and doesnt have either of those though

Probably setup on a HELOC, MM or Unsecured Line of Credit.