What gun is this?

Mark1647545493

So what kind of range does one of these things have? Also, what does this thing generally get fired at?? Tanks, planes, ships.... All the above...

Utilized to "soften" up ground targets (Personell, structures, armor, etc). The M777A2 from BAE systems can reach out over 40KM depending upon the ammo being utilized. It's INDIRECT fire, meaning they don't directly shoot it at anything, for it flies up and over to reach its intended target.

The pic is the M777A2, the newer version.

Thats what my dad does now transport military stuff, he is a 23 year marine vet that use be with Romeo 3/11 "gun bunnys"

You should hear and see when they do a direct fire on something. 20 some 155mm cannons shooting at one object is one crazy thing to see. Then you have the crazy fuckers that go out blasting ranges that try and steal the alum on the ground. Crazy bastards twentynine palms has some crazy desert rats.

Buy an M109A6 Paladin, it does the firing solution for you.

http://www.armyrecognition.com/Amerique_du_nord/Etats_Unis/vehicule_artillerie/M_109/M109A6_Paladin_PIM_Partnership/LAND_M106A6-PIM_self-propelled_howitzer_001.jpg

STORY:

When my Battalion was conducting a LIVE FIRE exercise when I was @ Ft.Hood, we had the cannon cockers firing their 155mm projectiles over us. Steel Rain is exactly what happens when they utilize the TOT or Time On Target goodness.

Buy an M109A6 Paladin, it does the firing solution for you.

http://www.armyrecognition.com/Amerique_du_nord/Etats_Unis/vehicule_artillerie/M_109/M109A6_Paladin_PIM_Partnership/LAND_M106A6-PIM_self-propelled_howitzer_001.jpg

STORY:

When my Battalion was conducting a LIVE FIRE exercise when I was @ Ft.Hood, we had the cannon cockers firing their 155mm projectiles over us. Steel Rain is exactly what happens when they utilize the TOT or Time On Target goodness.

Yeah that is a crazy thing when your in front of the fire and you can hear the projectiles flying over your head!!!!!

155mm rounds don't whistle by anymeans, and when they hit, it sounds somewhat similar to multiple school buses hitting themselves at once. But deffinately bad ass hearing those gun bunnies tossing rounds over your head to the impact area. We made bigger booms on the demolition range with our 40lb cratering charges ;)

13Foxtrot here, I let other do the "cocking". I do the "Fisting" (Preferably with a big laser and some copperhead rounds). Ask me about how to destroy an entire herd of cattle.

There was an incident @ Ft.Hood similar to this. An M109 ended up firing a bit off, and the shell landed in someone's back yard miles away. I do not envy a master gunner personally.