Anyone here do auto Transporting?

BDHG940

Once again, Im working a deal with the guy I went to go see and pick up the 03 cobra from. Im being lazy and dont feel like sitting in the car for another 4 hours there and 4 hours home. I think its about 480 miles round trip

If anyone does this, let me know how much I would be looking at.

Also the guy that just bought my red notch wants it shipped to CT so I might have 2 jobs. Let me know

Thanks

Send more details in a pm on were we would be picking up and dropping off and if both can be done in the same time and what Ur willing to pay I might be able to do it ,works been a little slow lately.i have a enclosed trailer to ! Edited by flippy1974

I've actually done this as a job before. I've got many, many miles on my belt driving many different things. I succesfully drove a 35ft truck for over 1200mi through black ice and snow (one of the worst ice storms this country has experienced in recent history) straight thru from Texas to here. No sleep and no drugs. Crazy trip but nothing I haven't the experience to handle.

If you can't find anyone else, I'm definitely open to discuss any fees, etc. Otherwise, good luck.

to put into perspective how much it woudl cost if you use a professional company it cost 750 to ship my 300zx from here so san diego california... so if tis closer im sure its cheaper goodluck

Its more then that now, how long ago did you ship it back? In 2004 I used my dad's shipping company and paid around the same you did. That was back when diesel fuel was only $1.80 . I looked at 76 gas station on Sepulveda Blvd & Roscoe Blvd in LA diesel was &3.99 a gallon yesterday. Even if you buy a 20k car from carmax to bring a car back from FL on there "discount" is 1000$

For my dad's truck to go one way to california it cost much more then you paid to have the car shipped back. Thats why you have to find someone that is only dedicated to running cars. Most companys anymore do not even mess with shipping cars back unless they are highlines. Its not even worth it for the trucker to ship it, when they can bring a LTL back to ohio that pays 3 bucks a mile, rather then a car. He needs to start finding independent business that only deals with cars and uses smaller trucks. I can not say this enough make sure they are fully bonded and insured and has a CDL that way you know they are totally covered and bonded. Cars always take a beating being moved with a open trailor.

And a lot of companys do not run further east then PA because there is no money to be Made in the North east, Most truck companys refuses to go into the north east, because there is nothing to be pulled out. so after they drop off something in that area they dead pull nothing back and waste hundreds in fuel.

Its more then that now, how long ago did you ship it back? In 2004 I used my dad's shipping company and paid around the same you did. That was back when diesel fuel was only $1.80 . I looked at 76 gas station on Sepulveda Blvd & Roscoe Blvd in LA diesel was &3.99 a gallon yesterday. Even if you buy a 20k car from carmax to bring a car back from FL on there "discount" is 1000$

For my dad's truck to go one way to california it cost much more then you paid to have the car shipped back. Thats why you have to find someone that is only dedicated to running cars. Most companys anymore do not even mess with shipping cars back unless they are highlines. Its not even worth it for the trucker to ship it, when they can bring a LTL back to ohio that pays 3 bucks a mile, rather then a car. He needs to start finding independent business that only deals with cars and uses smaller trucks. I can not say this enough make sure they are fully bonded and insured and has a CDL that way you know they are totally covered and bonded. Cars always take a beating being moved with a open trailor.

And a lot of companys do not run further east then PA because there is no money to be Made in the North east, Most truck companys refuses to go into the north east, because there is nothing to be pulled out. so after they drop off something in that area they dead pull nothing back and waste hundreds in fuel.

just recently got a quote for 780 to ship an evo from here to ca... this was last week. sounds liek you need to step it up lol. the companies are companies t hat specalize in shipping cars. it appears that they pick up a "load" of them an drop them off an pick them up as they go across the us.

That's why he needs to just deal with a company that deals with only cars, companys that do only cars for a living have hundreds of trucks and just do it by mass. Step my game up? Im sure you can find cheaper then 780. Just find a company known for not giving a shit, banging up cars, and not have insurance im sure they will give you a nice quote lol

That's why he needs to just deal with a company that deals with only cars, companys that do only cars for a living have hundreds of trucks and just do it by mass. Step my game up? Im sure you can find cheaper then 780. Just find a company known for not giving a shit, banging up cars, and not have insurance im sure they will give you a nice quote lol

just giving you shit man lol. oh an these are insured. with a inspection before the car leaves (walk around # of miles ect) an an inspection upon arrival :p

just giving you shit man lol. oh an these are insured. with a inspection before the car leaves (walk around # of miles ect) an an inspection upon arrival :p

I know you are, we only mess with military stuff so cars are really a waste of time if your not in that department. But im sure other car companys with the eco they way it is will battle for a price.

uship.com it kinda like ebay. had a car shipped from georgia to my house for 450$2 summers ago when fuel was 4.00/gallon. Guy was ins, and had lots of references. very nice guy and delevered the car when he said he was. He had picked up 3 cars total and brought them up on his way.

Ill try and call capital and see. Its about 460 miles round trip

If anyone that has offered can base a cost from that, pm me. The car does not run that you would pick up.

Also the notch to CT, its not going to drive that far. Im not going to title it just to transport it so Im just leaving it up to him I guess now.

More worried about just getting that 03 picked up