cars in winter storage pics

Yasser-Hanbali

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How high does the garage door need to open to accomodate the lift and cars?

EDIT: NVM...I see from the post feet that you staggered two 4-posts next to each other. :) What lifts are those?

Backyard Buddies out of Warren OH.

I dont see the stagger. Is it 2 lifts side by side or is it one lift with 2 hoists? I kinda see it but I want to make sure I am seeing what I think I am seeing.

its staggered... if you look at the middle flanges on the floor youll see it looks longer than the ones on the sides.... just one in front of the other...

Backyard Buddies out of Warren OH.

Cool. I had been reading up on the BYB and BendPak fight...I think either option is good for what I'm looking to do (less than 4,000lb vehicle on it ever, storage and service in a 2-car garage). Thanks for the info.

People complain on the price of lifts, but here's something to consider:

Assume 4-post lift costs $2600. Storage for one vehicle runs $30/mo, and that's cheap. You've paid for the lift cost within 8 years of owning it, let alone the fact that you could always sell the lift if need be...AND that's not considering the time savings in doing work on your car AND the health benefit of not wearing out your back and joints as much!

Yes, two lifts one in front of the other. They are the extended heighth models, which still allow my Trailblazer to fit underneath. A two post lift would be better for working on the cars but I didn't have enough width in the garage for one.

r AND the health benefit of not wearing out your back and joints as much!

Maybe you could work up a monetary value on that and then we can use it to talk Rob into buying a lift ;)

Isn't V8KILR a chiropractor?

How much for a back alignment every year? Hip/knee replacement? It's chaos theory at this point, because you can go into lots of "quality-of-life" questions that you can't put a price on.

Dammit, I need to have this conversation with my wife. :)

EDIT: You don't want Rob getting a lift. If he's good the way he is, he'll have to justify the expense of a lift by amortizing the cost over all of his clients. You don't want to pay more for his good work, do you? ;)

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/3995/dsc00570je.jpg

can't wait to move in a few months. our new house will have a garage bigger than this--and a 3 car on top of that for our suv's. i won't have to drive a couple miles to get to my shop/tools.

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/3995/dsc00570je.jpg

can't wait to move in a few months. our new house will have a garage bigger than this--and a 3 car on top of that for our suv's. i won't have to drive a couple miles to get to my shop/tools.

bigger garage :D party at your house.