Conan owns NBC execs

Rally Pat

Letterman > *.

Something I am not seeing pointed out enough is the fact that Conan taking over the show was decided many, many moons ago.

I just watched some Extra type show say, "NBC shouldn't have made the call last year to remove Jay."

This shit has been in contracts for - I think - 3 years. Jay is the fucker that wants back in.

Wikipedia corrects me - "NBC announced in 2004 that Leno would leave The Tonight Show at the end of May 2009, handing the reins to Conan O'Brien."

Read it again, hes not taking the $30 million and not signing a no-compete clause. He is going to go to Fox to start a rival late night show.

Where are you getting that he isn't taking the payout? From my understanding, he gets a the payout and isn't required to sign a no-compete clause. Money is still on the table. And they haven't come to an agreement w/ Fox yet, just hinted at where he might go.

Leno needs to retire and host a hour show on speed. This way conan stays and is funny and leno shares his love of cars and saves a sorry excuse for a gearhead channel.

+1.

The problem I see with this is that car shows don't pay Leno like late night TV shows on major networks. Big Dog Garage isn't an inexpensive venture...hand-making parts for Stanley Steamer cars from the early 1900's doesn't come cheap.

Plus, while Jay is a huge car nut, it's mostly high-end cars that he is interested in (obscure classics like Deusenbergs, high-end resto's and customs like Blast-o-lene and the jet car). Dennis Gage has that TV market on lock.