Need Craigs List/Pay Pal Help

JZig06

I am selling my macbook on craigslist and I have had two people ask me if I still have the item. I told them I did and they both replied with similar emails. offering more than I listed the item both were buying as a gift and both offered me the same amount for shipping. One was specific of who I ship through. This worries me because they were such similar offers and they both want to use paypal. Now I thought paypal was a very secure way of getting money but this raised a flag to me as a scam. Anyone know of a way people are using paypal to scam people on craigslist? I am paypal verified so the money would go directly into my account. Any knowledge on this would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like a scam to me. Pretty much every email that I've received from someone making me an offer on my item is HALF of what I have it listed for. I have never received an email from someone offering more than asking price. Never.

Plus, I think you're really only protected by Paypal if the transaction is done through ebay.

I always do cash only transactions when dealing with CL.

Agree. 90% of offers I've had for an item on CL have been low ball offers. Any offer higher or wanting to pay with paypal/check is likely a scam. I will only do cash for a CL sale, and I always carry when I meet for the exchange.

I'm somewhat interested in the MacBook.

Agree. 90% of offers I've had for an item on CL have been low ball offers. Any offer higher or wanting to pay with paypal/check is likely a scam. I will only do cash for a CL sale, and I always carry when I meet for the exchange.

I'm somewhat interested in the MacBook.

dont shoot me bro!

To answer your question, its a phishing scam. They either want you to click a link or disclose personal information. The emails you received were the beginning stages of the scam. those messages are sent out in bulk by the thousands. Clicking a link further into the transaction would most certainly have lead you to a virus.