Mud Flaps? (pics!)

zeitgeist57

Mud flaps/splash guards?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Mud flaps/splash guards?

• Yes! Great idea, and keeps the body protected
    • Yes, but only for trucks...not cars
    • No, not on any vehicle

The lower body of Cleetus really gets a beating from mud/snow/etc. I'm also trying to keep salt off the panels, to prevent rust as much as possible. I've always admired how much better looking the lower half of a vehicle looks when it had some sort of tire-throwing protection. Been thinking of getting a set for Cleetus, as well as some molded guards for the Passat.

Today. I just bought "splash guards" for Cleetus through Cabela's Online. 10"x18" front and rear for $9.98 a pair...$25 total with shipping. Can't go wrong! :)

However, a non-gearhead friend said that mudflaps are ugly and I shouldn't put them on my truck. While they aren't necessary the most aesthetically pleasing thing to put on a vehicle, they certainly serve a purpose...especially with northern winters. What do you think?

"gonna get a little mud on my 4 wheel drive an trek it into to town"

..... wow ur afraid off ur big ol truck gettin dirty .....:gay: ...

mabey u shoudl just stick to driving your wifes passat :p

+1 vote for "Where's the, "It's a truck, let it get dirty" vote."

I am not a fan of mud flaps on anything but semis. Saying that, my 5-door Hyundai Elantra that I DD came from the factory with them. Still gets covered in crap during the winter. I wouldn't put them on the Jeep because they would just break/fall off when I take it off road. And I won't put them on my truck either.

i say yes, i put them on my speed 3 and they are awesome at catching things from flying up all over the side of the car.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/2zumeunos/mazdaspeed3/tint/DSC_0090.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/2zumeunos/mazdaspeed3/tint/DSC_0091.jpg

Can they mix that bedliner stuff to the truck blue and white? That might be an option.

They can color match just about any paint, my friend has his rocker panels done and you cant even tell till you get up close. This is what id do, even though i have mud flaps on my truck lol

Guest Removed

biggest bitch i have with mud flaps, is when people drill holes in the body with out doing something to the bare metal they exposed. yes your keeping rocks and all kinds of other crap off the fenders, but what about the rust that just got started on the bare metal left behind after drilling holes for them.

please treat you're exposed metal properly