Foo Fighters - Wheels

zeitgeist57

I have found that discussions on music can be as heated as those on sexual preferences :D

Kudos to you for voicing your opinion. Listening to their last couple albums now and meh....they are okay. Not my first choice, but I'm getting older and I use music to drown out screaming kids anymore :o

Hated that song from the first time I heard it. Kind of sad it's from Foo Fighters.

Dave Grohl is a genius though.

Have you listened to Them Crooked Vultures? And if so, what do you think about them? Dave Grohl, Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age), and John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin). It's an amazing line-up, and their first album is solid, although I'm expecting a lot more from them if/when they come out with another record.

Have you listened to Them Crooked Vultures?

Only New Fang because they play it on CD101, and I like it. I grew up listening to the blues from my Dad so I like the bluesy influence.

Going to check out some other songs from them right now.

Yeah, it's easy to expect a lot from them Dave Grohl, another player from Queens Of The Stoneage (very good band) and John Paul Jones... who doesn't like some Led Zephlin?:confused:

Whoolly shit, was Josh Homme really in all of these great bands? Wiki just says 'associated', not sure what exactly they are implying by that.

Queens of the Stone Age, Eagles of Death Metal, Screaming Trees, The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, Them Crooked Vultures!

Really wish I had more time to dive into music like I'd like to. :(

Edited by Trouble Maker

Only New Fang because they play it on CD101, and I like it. I grew up listening to the blues from my Dad so I like the bluesy influence.

Going to check out some other songs from them right now.

Yeah, it's easy to expect a lot from them Dave Grohl, another player from Queens Of The Stoneage (very good band) and John Paul Jones... who doesn't like some Led Zephlin?:confused:

Whoolly shit, was Josh Homme really in all of these great bands? Wiki just says 'associated', not sure what exactly they are implying by that.

Queens of the Stone Age, Eagles of Death Metal, Screaming Trees, The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, Them Crooked Vultures!

Really wish I had more time to dive into music like I'd like to. :(

Eagles of Death Metal was mainly him and another guy, although live shows had more people to cover all the parts. As for the rest of the bands, he probably just played on a track or two on some albums. Seems that he does quite a lot of guest stuff.

Of those, he's technically only in QotSA and Them Crooked Vultures. He started Eagles of Death Metal with another guy but now only sometimes fills in on drums.

Part of the new Arctic Monkeys album was recorded at Homme's studio.

And the combo of Grohl and Homme on another album is great! You'll definitely like that album.