Whats the biggest $$$ Grudge Race

KennyFKINPowerz

I used to crew on an IHRA Mountain Motor Pro Stock team and we were Darlington SC in 2000 testing during the Groundhog Warmup. It was a test session for all the pros and was held in like Feb each year. Anyways on Sat they had a Chicago style race for the locals. I watched 2 7 second street cars race for 60k. There was about 100 people that had money in it. I thought street racing was serious in Columbus until I seen that. It was pretty crazy. These were not chassis cars either. I think one was a 69 Camaro and the other was like a 70 Nova. These cars were small tire cars with just roll cages in them. This was unheard of back then.

I've personally seen 7K race, at the world of outlaws. Chi-town boys against New York boys. That was for each race though. Believe there was 10 races between them, all different cars.

On another note (can't remember the $$ amount, thinkin it was 1K) saw Turbo Nick (original Kenny's T-Type owner) race a nice gold w black stripes 72 Camaro out on 40 by the shop. Camaro lost and never paid up, then the Sheriff showed shortly after.