I hate taxes!!!!!!!!

Putty

How the hell could it be possible that I have a house, child and married yet still owe this prickfuck Sam? I started married filing joint and the minute I enter my wife's W2, it takes us from getting thousands to oweing 1000 or so. Then I did hers married filing sep with her claiming the child, house and deductions and she getting like less than 2k. Filing sep you are not eligible for EIC, childcare or some other shit. I filed myself married filing sep and it says I owe like 1700...WTF! I never owe. This is pissing me off. I'm just gonna pay H&R to do this shit.

What happened to "get a house, married and baby and you'll rack up in taxes". I'm fucked!

Fuck Uncle Sam! (No relation)

There is a problem when you both make over a certain amount of money. Don't feel bad I always end up paying and I've owned a house for 5 years now. If you want money back make it so they take out a lot of taxes on each pay check. But that is stupid in my opinion I rather have the extra money each pay check not once a year.

Oh man, I got back like $7100...

This is the kinda shit I'm talking about

So married filing sep you have ~$100 you are getting back? Sounds like you did it right!

At this point I dunno. I just stopped. I have two returns saved. Me with kid and deductions. Then her with kid and deductions. I just started on me minus kid and deductions and already I owe like 1700. I then need her w/out kid and deductions....then us together joint. I got an appt at H&R tomorrow just to make sure I am doing this correctly. Although I have done our taxes for the last 5 years.

He did it wrong.

7100 over 12 months is 591 per month.

While you are 100% correct, I prefer to get back a bit of money. We usually only get about 1k back, which is perfect for us.

This year we had a TON of changes which resulted in a crazy huge return (or 0% loan to Sam).

Next year we will alter everything to make it come out to around 1k.

I had just my w-2 in and was getting back $3100 from Federal (added the two kids). Then I added my wife's ($550 fed taxes taken out last year.. she made like $6500?). It dropped it to $2600. If I wouldn't have added the $25 be taken out of her check every two weeks it would have been less.

File for divorce?

Profit?

seriously though, if your interested I can give you the number to my tax lady. She's really good at taxes, does it for a living so its not just some crazy old cat lady. She did all the paperwork for my brother and his wife and they bought a house this year. Maybe she can help you out?

Im gettin a bit back Cause wife shows no income and two kids. i always clame 0 fed and state. its done in a way where a lower income can make a little more and a upper income can afford to pay a little more . its supposed to equal about the same taxes paid. but it dont always

My property taxes went WAYYY up this year, and I installed a Geo-Thermal heat pump. I am getting piles back because of the AGI from the taxes, and the credit from the heat pump. That and I had a commissions every month, they tax the crap out of them and I get most of it back.

I agree though, give me a flat tax to pay (on purchases, because income was never supposed to be taxed) and I don't have to play this game every year.

Putty: Check with HR to make sure you're having the right amount of taxes taken from each pay.

The first year my wife and I got married we both changed our tax witholding status with our HR departments. What they didn't tell us is that when you file as Married they automatically assume you're head of the household and you get more back in each pay check. However when that's assumed for both parties it makes for owing quite a bit of money at the end of the year. We had to pay a pretty large bill the first year despite us both filing with 0 withholdings.

We went back to the HR departments and found out there's an option for marital status for married but being taxed at the single rate. This is actually that status that we needed to be at and have had decent returns every year since. Paychecks are smaller but it saves us the headache at tax time.

That first year hurt though.

Andy

I'm not looking forward to doing my taxes... with taking some money out of my 401k to now owning my property free and clear, all that money I used to make on my mortgage interest, etc... is now out the window....

Anyone know a good tax person? the person I normally use jumped up her prices to 280 a person and with my wife and myself that's over 500 just to have someone do our taxes... no thanks!

last year we got back close to $6000 (bought the Jeep)this year I changed my deductions per my wife's accountant recommendations and we got a some extra money back each check but per their advise we would still get 1000 to 1500 back in cash. next year will just it a little bit more probably to get has close to 0 back without having to pay.