So I'm about to be up a creek...

Cordell

I had a similar problem...4 cars and at least 2 in repair at any time. I am working on the Passat after having it sit since September (new clutch) and I feel 10000x better about the car.

You feel like not dealing with the problems your vehicles have, but deal with ONE and you'll feel a lot better. I agree with the consensus; fix the Impala.

Ed morad (sp) up near cleveland specializes in salvage gm 3800 stuff thats probably going to be your best price astro is ok, but they mostly have older cars out there 60's-70's-80's

X2!!!

I have driven there a couple times for parts. He's gonna have your best price for sure.

X2!!!

I have driven there a couple times for parts. He's gonna have your best price for sure.

I wouldn't say that much. Ed is a great guy and all, but right now I've seen 100k+ transmissions go for over $500. You can probably find a better deal at Car-part.com

if the impala is paid for then stick a used transmission in it and be done, no need to waste money on another car and worry about what problems it might have

+1, if you know how to do the work yourself there's not point in spending more money on a new car. Its always cheaper to fix a car you already own than get into another car payment.