New from Whitehall

a7x1990

Welcome, good intro. I don't like PT Cruisers, it seems like only old senile people drive them, but at least the turbo model has some potential. I always thought it would be cool to take an HHR SS, lower it on nice wheels, build up the motor, etc. Nobody would expect it to be fast. Basically the same idea and the same concept as you building a turbo PT. I'm interested to see what you end up doing with it

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey heres a question for all of ya... what do think i should do? keep regular suspension parts on it or throw it on Air ride? Love the idea of air ride to lower it to the ground but im thinkin it wont really help that well for drags or AutoX or what ever other event i might try and run it in.

Ill most likely scratch the whole air ride plan and keep it for my ranger, later in life. and put the pt on a racing suspension.

Lowering springs with some quality struts, or adjustable coilovers. Is the suspension basically the same as a Neon?

I couldnt tell you, im looking up on that right now. there are many similarities between the neon and pt as well as differences.

ya shame on me for not doin my homework.:(

pts are gay.. so are neons.....

but there is a 600+HP purple pt cruiser rolling around PA that will do work.... :lol:

hmm thats PA this is ohio......:confused: but who knows ill either try and out do that one or by then ill be able to afford my dream car:rolleyes:

besided dont you have a neon? or you get rid of it.

hmm thats PA this is ohio......:confused: but who knows ill either try and out do that one or by then ill be able to afford my dream car:rolleyes:

besided dont you have a neon? or you get rid of it.

I'm aware that's in pa... just stating they can. Do work :finger:

An yea I've still got my pos

pts are gay.. so are neons.....

If Paul had his way everything would be gay.

Nice intro thread and welcome. I'd do a manual tranny swap before anything else on that car. The main reason it is slow is due to that auto tranny that can't hold any power anyways.

Hey also I graduated from Lincoln College of Technology Last year for collision repair, Kind of looking for a job at some custom shop or anywhere really, I've tried so many places around here I've walked in, called, gave out resumes and still haven't had any luck. So if anyone hears of any openings let me know. I do great body work, I'm a good painter except when it comes to clear coat(need some more practice) and I can weld a little bit. TIG and MIG.

come in to the ricart collision center, its in whitehall. ask to talk to ron tackett and tell him i sent you. can't promis you a job but we'll see what happens.

The 41TE auto I think it is. They can't hold power for shit.

Mine holds pretty well i think. but thats me. and that the only sort of power iv ever had a chance to drive so far. but once i get a chance im going to swap out trannys, for a standard. i mean atleast i have an autostick, ya i know it isnt anything but it lets me get more power out of it then a normal auto and doesnt let me over rev. ya dont bash me on that comment. i know.

Guest tbutera2112

i never understood what is so special about autos with a manual shift mode....you slide it over to the M mode, then push the stick back and forth to go up and down...

cant you do that anyways on any auto? they have 1 2 3 D etc...its the same shit isnt it?