Help me find the best fire proof safe.

John Bruh

My next purchase is going to be a fire proof safe. I not only want to keep my guns, but other valuables in it. I have had a fire in my house already (kitchen fire) so I need to know which safe is actually able to withstand a fire the longest. Not that I plan on having a fire ever again, but if it does happen I don't want to be SOL.

This is what im looking for:

TALL--Something atleast 60" or close. I want extra shelves to put other valuables on it.

Something like 60 long guns---I dont have nearly this many but I will most likely will over the years

Longest fireproof rating--Which is really the longest, every manufactor claims they are better than the other. I want to know which one is reall the best.

Warranty---Most I've seen have lifetime warranty's if they are in a fire and will replace them.

Best locking device---Elock or manual (which would you prefer. I was at ohio valley and it took the gun like 3-5 times to unlock the elock which kinda is leading me away from them)

The tacital pouches Like whats on the back of the door. This is an option I have to have. I want to be able to use all the room in the safe efficiently

I want to be as close to $1,500 as possible. I know this is tough, If I have to spend 2k I will.

No such thing truly exists, but Browning is a great safe. You almost have to have one custom made if you truly want a fireproof safe.

The problem is you need a safe that's fire-proof.

Fire departments will always run into a house and spray a safe if they see it, as if it is a ticking time bomb. Because of this you are much more likely to have water damage than have your guns melt inside.

I'll have to follow this thread as well since I am in the process of gun safe shopping as well. I don't need anywhere near your gun capacity though. I am looking at safes in the 20 - 30 gun size range and a budget of 700 or so.

No such thing truly exists, but Browning is a great safe. You almost have to have one custom made if you truly want a fireproof safe.

Fire departments will always run into a house and spray a safe if they see it, as if it is a ticking time bomb. Because of this you are much more likely to have water damage than have your guns melt inside.

How well do those expandable door seals work on gun safes?

I know their not truely fireproof. I want to know which safe will actually going to hold up for the longest time. I know most of the high end safes which im looking at are 1400* for 90min. But then say our double lined door is better than ______. We use this and this which are better than ______. I want to know which is really the best to get.

I forget what safe we had , I kept my all of my personal paper work, several guns, and I had over 5,000 in cash in ours. The fire we had last year lasted 7 hours, I am still so pissed because we never found the safe after digging around in the rubble. Things was hot enough to melt glass and other crap so I dont know if the damn thing just melted or someone stole it. It took hours to dig and find other stuff that was near the safe that was not melted, just never found the damn box.