Mid Ohio Roll call

Science Abuse

Link?

Register:

https://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1058

Should note that you need a membership to do the Hyperdrive, which is around $40.

HyperDrive - HyperDrive is designed for the the person looking to try out Track Driving without having to commit to the entire weekend. This is great for Crew, Friends, Spouses or anyone else wanting to get on track for a session. HyperDrive includes complete classroom with HPDE1/2, and HPDE Passport, In-Car instruction and a single on-track session of 20-30 minutes.

Compare to NTR:

If you have a 12 sec car, that the same amount of track time as 100-150 passes. If you some how manage 10 passes at a test'n'tune (usually closer to 5), it will take you 10 to 15 events to match that amount of track time... which is $150-$225 in entry fees.

On the other hand, you will spend a hundred hours waiting in the staging lanes, which we all love.

That's damn affordable, I'd be all about it if I had a suitable car.

If it passes tech, it's suitable. I knew a guy who tracked a Saturn because his toy car broke the week before. There is no car on earth in which this would not be fun.

And don't worry about being embarasingly slow, either... if this is your first outing, you'll be embarasingly slow no matter what you drive. Best to drive 3 minute laps in a Fiesta rather than a Vette. ;)

If it passes tech, it's suitable. I knew a guy who tracked a Saturn because his toy car broke the week before. There is no car on earth in which this would not be fun.

And don't worry about being embarasingly slow, either... if this is your first outing, you'll be embarasingly slow no matter what you drive. Best to drive 3 minute laps in a Fiesta rather than a Vette. ;)

Haha, I agree 100%. I'd need to get my maintenance up to date first. Cutting out under boost isn't going to work :(

I wish I could get the bikes on-track for $59! I'd be there once a week!!!

^Do you mean 40 degrees and raining like last year on the friday?? That sucked ass.

BTW, I'm headed to VIR in October if anyone is interested in going, I've talked to a few people on here that might be going with and it would be great to have a few friends to go down there with.

I hope I'm in tech friday. I've submitted all the paperwork, hopefully there's no SNAFU's this year.

Cool, you can be the one to issue the log book to the V6 RX7. Don't worry about the little red button on the gear shift or the steel braided line running from the roll cage, it's legal ;)

I plan on being there all three days. Comp school on Friday and racing Saturday and Sunday.

Ben, you should come to Putnam Park with us. Fun track and same great people.

Cool, you can be the one to issue the log book to the V6 RX7. Don't worry about the little red button on the gear shift or the steel braided line running from the roll cage, it's legal ;)

I know you're too smart to bottle feed a lapping/road racing car. ;) If you get your logbook back with Roth-type doodles on your car photo (or "Dart" written in it somewhere), you know it was me. :p

Any existing members want to get in on this? Free membership for newbs plus some sort of points for the referring current member.

http://www.nasamidwest.com/pages/winner_card.asp

That was last years program which was a great success. They are supposed to do a similar or exactly the same program this year. I'm waiting on an announcement on this year's deal so I can get a few chances for a free race and get some guys in for free.