Just got scammed $400, know any local Police?

Tripleskate

Its proving that the seller is truley Fraudent (which we know he is) but they will not do shit without proof, it would be much much much easy if it was local. I could not prove it in my case because nobody could find the guy, you really think they give out legit info or home addresses? They use pre paid phones, and fake addy's. Someone else on here got scammed buying rim's in FL and they also had a fake ups info, the police could not do shit because by the time they realized it was a fake tracking number the person is long gone, they ended up catching the guy from hollywood FL was big in the dsm world for ripping people off dsmtrader. Most the time they work states away, they ended up catching the guy working in WA state in yakama and was doing his scamming in Hollywood florida. Yeah its a federal crime to use the mail for commiting crimes, unless this guy is on the FBI list for scamming local pd wont do shit. They take a report, you make a report with bank...... They tell you they can not refund the money, life goes on, it sucks but what can you do .

I called the PD everyday and called my bank and paypal, I already know how this is going to end. They did not give two shits about my 900 bucks.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why I don't like using Paypal. I do have an account setup through Paypal now, and have it totally seperated from my main accounts. Now I may not use it any more due to situations like this. I'm sorry to hear about your lose and hope something comes about it. I hate scammers, they F'g suck the big one. My saying in life is, "what comes around goes around". Hopefully that douche bag has it coming.

The bank can stop the payment. It'll cost you around $25. Better than $400.

This is incorrect. You cannot "stop" a debit card transaction. Once it is approved the merchant is the only one who can stop it. You can place a stop payment on a paper check only. We can reverse ACH (electronic checks) payments.

OP file a claim with your bank. In almost all cases a debit card offers you the same level of protection as a credit card. The only drawback is the money out of your debit card leaves your account immediately so you will be without it until your bank provides you with a provisional credit while they are investigating. I would contact the bank and the police and go from there.

now you have me wandering on if i should go through with paying this guy... he seems legit but a picture doesnt say everything. heres a link of my purchase. what do you think? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170445848562

and i dont mean to thread jack, i had a few problems like this before but the seller re shipped another item like it so...

now you have me wandering on if i should go through with paying this guy... he seems legit but a picture doesnt say everything. heres a link of my purchase. what do you think? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170445848562

and i dont mean to thread jack, i had a few problems like this before but the seller re shipped another item like it so...

Just pay with cc and i believe you will be fine.

This is incorrect. You cannot "stop" a debit card transaction. Once it is approved the merchant is the only one who can stop it. You can place a stop payment on a paper check only. We can reverse ACH (electronic checks) payments.

OP file a claim with your bank. In almost all cases a debit card offers you the same level of protection as a credit card. The only drawback is the money out of your debit card leaves your account immediately so you will be without it until your bank provides you with a provisional credit while they are investigating. I would contact the bank and the police and go from there.

u still over in claims across the way? havent seen you in a while lol

Sorry, gotta bump this back up. I called USPS main branch myself and they said "give us 2 days to find it." (it's funny, the seller said that they needed 7 BUSINESS days, hmmm he still nevered answered any of my messages or questions afterwards). So, USPS called me this morning confirming what I already knew. They could find no record of ever recieving anything to ship out. So, he took the money and dashed. Grrrreat.

A few small things to note:

- paypal noted the charge as "with credit card"

- sent a pm to Michael to hear his insight on the matter

- gathering all information (read: evidence/proof) necessary for Visa

Hopefully I can get my money back. One good thing is that I've found a non-involved intermediary (who lives in Jersey as well!) who confirmed that this asshole DOES in fact live at the Address he gave (which will help the PD). He also told me what he looks like and the car he drives. :eek:

Want to bump this back up, again. This is my current situation and I'm thrilled to see Visa gave me a $400 credit as protection (Thank you, Visa!) However since this is provisional credit should I treat it any different then regular money going into my account? I'm not going to spend up a storm or anything but I would like to know that the money wont "disappear".

Want to bump this back up, again. This is my current situation and I'm thrilled to see Visa gave me a $400 credit as protection (Thank you, Visa!) However since this is provisional credit should I treat it any different then regular money going into my account? I'm not going to spend up a storm or anything but I would like to know that the money wont "disappear".

you know who could answer that question for you very quickly?

VISA

It is a temporary credit until the case is resolved. At that point it becomes permanent. Most cases take 60 days to resolve which is why they give you access to the funds temporarily until then. In cases where Visa rules in favor of the merchant most banks give you a week notice advising you that the temporary credit is going to be reversed; otherwise they tell you the credit is permanent and the close is closed.

Copied straight from Paypal. Google Maps shows it being near an apartment complex of some sort (and somebody hanging from a tree...)

i just checked with a couple other map sites and they all say the same, the address can not be found. i think what google maps is doing is just placing you where 1788 broad ave

Palisades Park, NJ 07650 would be. but if you google that address or try msn, yahoo or any other place, that address wont come up