Anyone a Moose?

LJ

You know like Loyal Order of the Moose....

I want some info on joining but I can't find much on the website. Also what is the difference between a chapter, lodge and family center?

You can PM me if this info isn't supposed to be public or something.

I was a Moose member when I lived in Hilliard, I quit going when I moved to West Jeff. I was a member for maybe 8 years. It's more than just a private bar. The Hilliard lodge had Horseshoe tournaments in the summer and darts in the winter. Steak dinners, Fish fry's with the best lake Erie Perch and it's usually all you can eat. They have MooseHart which is a place for kids and Moosehaven is a retirement facility for Moose members.

I believe you have to have a sponsor to get in and the only part that is secret is what happens during the initiation. I'll admit this... It was hard to keep a straight face the entire time. I wanted to chuckle a few times.

http://www.mooseintl.org/public/default.asp

I was a Moose member when I lived in Hilliard, I quit going when I moved to West Jeff. I was a member for maybe 8 years. It's more than just a private bar. The Hilliard lodge had Horseshoe tournaments in the summer and darts in the winter. Steak dinners, Fish fry's with the best lake Erie Perch and it's usually all you can eat. They have MooseHart which is a place for kids and Moosehaven is a retirement facility for Moose members.

I believe you have to have a sponsor to get in and the only part that is secret is what happens during the initiation. I'll admit this... It was hard to keep a straight face the entire time. I wanted to chuckle a few times.

http://www.mooseintl.org/public/default.asp

Do they have any kind of events where I could meet a sponsor? Are people usually willing to sponsor new members?

Do they have any kind of events where I could meet a sponsor? Are people usually willing to sponsor new members?

I'm not sure, but I have a friend in Whitehall that is a Moose member. If you want I'll ask him if he would sponsor you and get back to ya.

I almost forgot the best part of the Moose (besides the cheap booze) is the Thursday night lottery drawing. $5 buy in and I've seen people walk away with over $10,000 (in cash) many times from it in 8 years.

Lance,

I'm an active Moose member at the Gahanna Moose on Johnstown Road.

A lodge is basically just a bar. A family center is more family oriented meaning that children are allow to be there.

I'm not exactly sure what the chapter is.

I'll be at the Gahanna Lodge tomorrow night (Friday 2/26) if anyone wants to come up and check it out.

Or if you have questions, you can call me at 614-949-9554.

-Rich

Lance,

I'm an active Moose member at the Gahanna Moose on Johnstown Road.

A lodge is basically just a bar. A family center is more family oriented meaning that children are allow to be there.

I'm not exactly sure what the chapter is.

I'll be at the Gahanna Lodge tomorrow night (Friday 2/26) if anyone wants to come up and check it out.

Or if you have questions, you can call me at 614-949-9554.

-Rich

That is the lodge that I would be interested in. I may already have plans tomorrow, but I am definitely interested in checking it out. I will give you a call tomorrow.

You know like Loyal Order of the Moose....

I want some info on joining but I can't find much on the website. Also what is the difference between a chapter, lodge and family center?

You can PM me if this info isn't supposed to be public or something.

IIRC I have a life time membership to the moose lodge in Norwalk. MY father was one when he passed was back in 78. I will have to look into that further. Thanks for starting this thread I had forgotten all about it.

I'm up there fairly frequently (most weekends) and can sign you in as a guest so you can check it out.

The good thing is that if you join any lodge, your membership card can get you into any other lodge in the country.

Here is a link to our lodge's website

http://gahannamoose.org/

That's pretty cool. So then if I wanted to join I would have to find someone to sponsor me? Is that pretty easy to do? Also, if allowed can you PM me the membership fees and such? I am definitely interested in checking it out hopefully this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone else is interested in checking out the Gahanna Moose, I recommend coming on Saturday March 20, 2010.

Dinner is from 5PM to 8PM and will be a ribeye steak, salad, baked potato, roll, and dessert.

There will also be a live band later in the evening.

Also, I'll be up there tonight if anyone is interested.

If anyone else is interested in checking out the Gahanna Moose, I recommend coming on Saturday March 20, 2010.

Dinner is from 5PM to 8PM and will be a ribeye steak, salad, baked potato, roll, and dessert.

There will also be a live band later in the evening.

Also, I'll be up there tonight if anyone is interested.

I'll be there tonight getting some dinner as well.

I thought only people who were atleast over 40 went to a moose lodge....seriously...never knew people my age went to them.

Hell yeah, My friend is a member of a lodge (though not sure if its moose or not). He said he would sponsor me but i live in Dublin and the closest one is on the West side somewhere so id never be able to make it there on a regular basis or i would.

Also, his lodge is much more than a cheap bar. They do alot of stuff for the kids and families especially during the holidays. Hand out free presents, dinners, lottery drawing's, family gatherings. Basically the atmosphere of a church but without any sort of religion associated with it. If i had kids and a family I would definitly become a member but nothing should stop you if you dont or if your young.

I was a member of the Moose when we lived in Ohio. I highly recommend those of you with a boat to go to the lodge at Indian Lake, (past Bellefontaine up 33 east). The lodge is on the water and they have docks for you to tie up your boat. Makes a great spot to eat and have a drink during a day skiing/wakeboarding/boating. Plus it's cheap!