Harbor Freight Impact Sockets?

hpfiend

Hey all-

Anyone use these, the reviews are good and the price is hard to beat? IIRC they are 12.00 for an 11 piece set with a metal box to store them in...

I am looking at their pittsburgh deepwell 1/2" SAE and metric impact socket sets...

Guest Removed
ive had the 1/2 for about 7 yrs now with no issues, but the 3/8 shattered..stay away from their impact swivel sockets..they're flat out dangerous.

like he said, stay away from the swivels

and i have had the chrome stuff shatter on a impact aswell, and some of the dark black sockets pull this crap aswell. but they just crack. the chrome explodes.

now the funny color ones i have not giving the chance. i have a box with throw away tools that get used for various things. but with having alot of name brand stuff, i dont use them much.

thanks guys- I am going to go pick them up, I have some rusty bolts I need to break! you can't deny real reviews from real people. Thanks for the warning on the swivels I will get some name brand version of those...

BTW I had a chrome finish non-impact craftsman 3/8" 3" extension shatter on me using a breaker bar trying to bust loose some lugnuts before I got my impact gun and the one impact socket I have. This was a rear wheel on a 4 door explorer and the shrapnel broke the front drivers side mirror glass! Of course it had a lifetime warranty and it was replaced with a new one and a 1/2" extension but I wasn't even wearing safety glasses as I never expected that to happen (and yes I was using a 1/2" breaker with a 1/2" to 3/8" reducer- maybe I should have expected it ;-) ) you would think the reducer would break as a sort of safety valve first as they should probably have never made those things in the first place!- now whenever the breaker bar or impact gun is out the glasses are on...

I have a couple sets of HF impact sockets too. No problems so far here, but I use them pretty infrequently. I think the walls are a little thicker walled than the better sockets to make up for the inferior metals they use. Would make them a little harder to use in tight areas, but for the price they can't be beat.

Well they didn't have the 11 piece sets in metric in stock but they had the 13 piece sets on sale for 19.99 and the molded box was better. I haven't used them yet but they look stout. My only complaint is that the sizes are printed on them rather than stamped, so I am sure they will wear off and I will have to be careful not to mix up the SAE and metrics... But you really can't complain for 26 deep wall 1/2" impacts with molded boxes for just over 40.00 including tax! Edited by hpfiend
grammar