cheapest internet?

frenchy chan

what would you guys say is the cheapest internet in columbus? i will be living off of smokey row in worthington...

we are planning on not having cable and home phone in the beginning, just internet

we don't need anything super fast, but i don't want dial up speeds...that's too slow! :)

Seriously, you have to compare specs. You can't pay for a Ford Focus and expect it to perform like a Ford GT.

That $19.95 DSL package with AT&T. Yeah, it's cheap, because it is SLOW. UP TO 768k down / up to 384k up.

Since Time Warner doesn't want to advertise their upload speeds (for a reason - because they suck), their lite package is

"up to 768k down." I am guessing their upload will be even slower than AT&T DSL, as I am sadly stuck with TW where I live, and even with having their 7Mbps package, I can't even get 500k upload speeds.

WOW - the SLOWEST package is 2Mbps down / 1Mbps up. Notice their is no "up to" verbage for WOW's speeds: http://www1.wowway.com/InternetMain/

There is a reason WOW is #1 in customer satisfication in the US for cable, internet, and phone (rated by JD Power). With WOW, you WILL get the advertised speeds out of our modem (assuming no issues with the rest of your equipment - routers, PC's, etc.). If you aren't getting that speed, we will fix it to ensure you do. If you are paying for 2Mbps service, you damn well better get it.

PM me and I will get you a price for the WOW 2Mbps package. It won't be as cheap as the AT&T DSL...but it will be a hell of a lot faster and more reliable.

x2 on WOW. I have been more than pleased with the hi-speed internet. I have four computers online now and my wife is working remotely. Running speedtest.net gave me the following results just now:

8.12Mb/s Download

.98Mb/s Upload

Happy camper here.

and now my neighbors kitten just died again :o

There is a reason WOW is #1 in customer satisfication in the US for cable, internet, and phone (rated by JD Power). With WOW, you WILL get the advertised speeds out of our modem (assuming no issues with the rest of your equipment - routers, PC's, etc.). If you aren't getting that speed, we will fix it to ensure you do. If you are paying for 2Mbps service, you damn well better get it.

PM me and I will get you a price for the WOW 2Mbps package. It won't be as cheap as the AT&T DSL...but it will be a hell of a lot faster and more reliable.

does at&t do credit checks?

i had wow...liked them alot...just wondering if there's a cheaper option out there

thanks for the suggestions and yes, i hope there's an unsecured network at the apt., then i won't have to worry about this :)