00 Mustang GT Cobra Swapped. 5000

Protection

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/1629865976.html

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e75/JDM_Integra_XSi/13659_1257303718827_1416630004_3073.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e75/JDM_Integra_XSi/9528_1241730729512_1416630004_30691.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e75/JDM_Integra_XSi/356.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e75/JDM_Integra_XSi/354.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e75/JDM_Integra_XSi/355.jpg

Edited by Protection
Current pic update.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tbutera2112
any issues with this car, how is the transmission, does the motor miss any and anything left to be done on it

read the ad man..

"But it either needs a cobra computer and cobra harness OR 1999 And up 4 vavle cam covers for the coil on plugs . and the cobra boots alswith a computer tune for the gt ecu. The transmission has a nasty grind in 2nd and 4th gear, and sometimes pops out of 4th. and might as well change out the clutch kit while in there (not slipping). Needs a return fuel line. and has a tiny exhaust leak."

read the ad man..

"But it either needs a cobra computer and cobra harness OR 1999 And up 4 vavle cam covers for the coil on plugs . and the cobra boots alswith a computer tune for the gt ecu. The transmission has a nasty grind in 2nd and 4th gear, and sometimes pops out of 4th. and might as well change out the clutch kit while in there (not slipping). Needs a return fuel line. and has a tiny exhaust leak."

to lazy to click a link when he posted it here he should just copy and paste it

Nah, If someone was that interested, They wouldn't be to lazy to follow the link. I know it needs A lot of work and is a hair overpriced but I got almost 2K in the swap alone and the car blue books close to 5800 with the factory motor.

Nah, If someone was that interested, They wouldn't be to lazy to follow the link. I know it needs A lot of work and is a hair overpriced but I got almost 2K in the swap alone and the car blue books close to 5800 with the factory motor.

BB doesn't mean anything how is the body on the car and I am interested

Actually BB means a lot. It's a decent guideline to help get a ballpark value of a vehicle. The body and paint is in good shape. Its missing a Fog light and has a good srape on the lower part of the bumper cover on the passenger side. And the fender has a small dent by the pass. headlight. Ask the guy in the post "WTB cobra" if u want a non owner perspective.

i went and looked at the car. it needs a tune BAD as well as the coil on plug set up. thats the biggest issues. it leans out as soon as you give it gas. the tune it has is for a 2v cammed motor. now has this cobra motor in it with 30lb injectors. to much for a stock 96-98 4v imo. also probably needs a cobra fuel pump. ( not sure what pump the gt came with vs the cobra's though ) very nice looking car. body has it few blemish but nothing that wouldn't take more then a few hours of a professional details time to polish out for the most part. interior was in good shape. car road nice. no rust that i seen. has a damn nice stance imo. does need a transmission though.

goodluck joe.

needs someone else to finish the project up.

i went and looked at the car. it needs a tune BAD as well as the coil on plug set up. thats the biggest issues. it leans out as soon as you give it gas. the tune it has is for a 2v cammed motor. now has this cobra motor in it with 30lb injectors. to much for a stock 96-98 4v imo. also probably needs a cobra fuel pump. ( not sure what pump the gt came with vs the cobra's though ) very nice looking car. body has it few blemish but nothing that wouldn't take more then a few hours of a professional details time to polish out for the most part. interior was in good shape. car road nice. no rust that i seen. has a damn nice stance imo. does need a transmission though.

goodluck joe.

needs someone else to finish the project up.

I Honestly Appreciate the Honesty in your post. GL with your car also bub

anytime. its the truth about the car. thats what it needs from my perspective.

I dont think it needs the tune right away. i still think it may be more of a machanical fuel delivery problem than mapping. Like a clogged fuel line or injector(s).

I dont keep cars for too long. IDK why its just something ive done since i've started driving. If it matters i've had 23 different vehicles since the age of 17. Im i'll be 24 this summer.

That is a lot. It is nice to hear the cars going down the road when the windows are open. Make sure to keep that up. That's the one thing that I'll miss whenever I move. The sounds of the bikes and cars getting all over it going down the road. Should be picking up here soon with the warmer weather.

I moved, lol. I'm off broadway now. Tired of living with the GF's parents with a kid of our own.

There are plenty of other cars to make noise while I wish I had free time. That living arrangement would drive me to kill myself. Good decision on moving out.

I've never seen your cobra. The only cobra i've seen around holt is that black 01 thats pretty stock. 03-04 is my dream car. its something about the sound of the factory eaton at about 4500 rpms that gives me chill's

I've never seen your cobra. The only cobra i've seen around holt is that black 01 thats pretty stock. 03-04 is my dream car. its something about the sound of the factory eaton at about 4500 rpms that gives me chill's

It's one of the grey ones running around. I think I may have been sitting in traffic on Holt when you passed me in the black LS1 Z at one point, but that may have been it.

I dont think it needs the tune right away. i still think it may be more of a machanical fuel delivery problem than mapping. Like a clogged fuel line or injector(s).

no it needs to a tune. the tune it had now it for a cammed 2v motor. it had a 4v non cammed motor. alot of difference. and it needs the return fuel line hooked up.

It does need a tune. BUT you gotta understand, the leaning out JUST started happening. Its starving because ofsomething else. im telling you it ran fine and was strong before about a month and a half ago. I know it needs a tune but thats not the reason why it was leaning out like it was.