question for the car detailers on here

Ryan218

whats a good clay bar and wax to use? and how should i go about it? clay bar first then a good wax right? this is what i got from just a mothers polish.

im not a detailer but imma try! and i need a digital cam bad :(

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t302/88Mustang302/IMG00071.jpg

Those pizzas are going to get there extra fast in that car burning 93 octane the entire way.

Why do you need to use a clay bar? Is the paint really poopy? I would figure a good quality wax would be enough. Not like its a show car or anything. Sucks when you put all that work into the body shining it up and you get that first rock chip on the nose. Makes it all feel worth it.

Shane

Those pizzas are going to get there extra fast in that car burning 93 octane the entire way.

Why do you need to use a clay bar? Is the paint really poopy? I would figure a good quality wax would be enough. Not like its a show car or anything. Sucks when you put all that work into the body shining it up and you get that first rock chip on the nose. Makes it all feel worth it.

Shane

do you really think id deliver in a car like this? seriously? no. im getting a new job. and working inside for the time being. paints fine. just want to clean it up. rear up and you will understand why i want to clay bar it. it removes impurities from the clears surface.

Edited by Ryan218

Why do you need to use a clay bar? Is the paint really poopy? I would figure a good quality wax would be enough. Not like its a show car or anything.

:confused: You've never used clay have you? Detailing a car without clay is like having sex with Two rubbers on. Using clay is like going bare-back. Clear?

:confused: You've never used clay have you? Detailing a car without clay is like having sex with Two rubbers on. Using clay is like going bare-back. Clear?

no he is being a smart ass about the car i just bought. he thinks his t bird is the god of anything and everything. that no car can touch in on a road course. his comments. "shitty front suspension" "its still a mustang" well guess what your SC is still a damn t bird! a crappy IRS in them. well really we all know the breaking of them. a shitty motor. shitty trans. did i leave anything else out that you think that car is complete shit about?

no he is being a smart ass about the car i just bought. he thinks his t bird is the god of anything and everything. that no car can touch in on a road course. his comments. "shitty front suspension" "its still a mustang" well guess what your SC is still a damn t bird! a crappy IRS in them. well really we all know the breaking of them. a shitty motor. shitty trans. did i leave anything else out that you think that car is complete shit about?

I had several GTPs that ate their share of SC's. SC's were cool back when they were an "in" car.....16-18 years ago. My last GXP handled amazingly well. Way better. Drove one at Bondurant for a 5 day course where we were in GXP's, CTS-V's and ZO6's and the the GXP was on the ass of the CTS-V every time and by the last day of training, I was able to beat my classmates in the CTS-V times in my FWD sedan :bangbang: It was such a fun car I bought one.

Let's just say my MS3 would hand the GXP an ass whooping too. Very tossable and the tail follows in line extremely well. Power to weight combined with a great 3-4-5th gear make it a great track car. My stock OEM front tires wore out with fun last year :bangbang:

Dawn dish soap your car, strip off all the wax and bugs and crap. I will often use a mild solvent over the winter good and road crap and then just wash it off.

Dry the car with a stream of water and no nozzle just letting the water cascade off. Use a little detail mist on what's left, then use a clean towel to dry completely. Detail mist/clay that came with the mothers kit is fine. I use that kit and it's just fine. Do a very thorough job.

If you're good at using a buffer and the appropriate level product for the condition of your paint, you're golden. The pros here will fill you in. Once polished and perfect, seal it up good and the spring/summer is all yours. My car is Crystal White Pearl and is so clean and smooth with zero----zero swirls or marks. Took about 4-5 hours of stress re-leaving fun this past weekend but in and out she's better than new.

I had several GTPs that ate their share of SC's. SC's were cool back when they were an "in" car.....16-18 years ago. My last GXP handled amazingly well. Way better. Drove one at Bondurant for a 5 day course where we were in GXP's, CTS-V's and ZO6's and the the GXP was on the ass of the CTS-V every time and by the last day of training, I was able to beat my classmates in the CTS-V times in my FWD sedan :bangbang: It was such a fun car I bought one.

Let's just say my MS3 would hand the GXP an ass whooping too. Very tossable and the tail follows in line extremely well. Power to weight combined with a great 3-4-5th gear make it a great track car. My stock OEM front tires wore out with fun last year :bangbang:

it has a 5.0l in it thats makes about 300 to the wheels. then a suspension. cobra r front brakes and some other crap lol i lost track. its cool car but damnit imma try and show him up in the cobra this year. plus his shit talking has got to stop. lol. imma try some auto cross for the hell of it. maybe ill get lucky and be good at it ha.

his car.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/Triple-Crown-Tuner-2008_167758.htm

Sweet car! but to compare that to yours or any other street car is a bit over kill. Totally different class and use. Yours is more of a DD, where his is obviously a track car.

exactly. he dont see it though. he is over 20k in that car. i have 6700 in mine. i can go out and have a hell of alot more fun with my car then that one. becasue i can drive mine on the street :bangbang:

it has a 5.0l in it thats makes about 300 to the wheels. then a suspension. cobra r front brakes and some other crap lol i lost track. its cool car but damnit imma try and show him up in the cobra this year. plus his shit talking has got to stop. lol. imma try some auto cross for the hell of it. maybe ill get lucky and be good at it ha.

his car.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/Triple-Crown-Tuner-2008_167758.htm

that dude needs to learn the drive better.... he is VERY jerky with the wheel when taking turns!

exactly. he dont see it though. he is over 20k in that car. i have 6700 in mine. i can go out and have a hell of alot more fun with my car then that one. becasue i can drive mine on the street :bangbang:

Not sure what's not to see. That's exactly why there are different classes within SCCA events. Hey, everyone has their hobbies, but I wouldn't put $20k into anything if I wasn't making money from the investment. Unless my income was totally in-line with a lifestyle that more than supported $20k hobbies. I would assume he has sponsors.

Buy the Meguiars, clay magic, or mothers clay bar kit and it's got all the instructions you need. Follow them to the "T".

Little or no pressure, keep the surface lubricated, let the bar glide across the paint. If it's still not completely smooth continue with more passes not more pressure.

Polish and or Wax after.

I did the math the other night and I think realistically I have around 13-16k in the car not 20k. Oh I've have fun with the car this summer... maybe I'll have it on the street a couple times.

that dude needs to learn the drive better.... he is VERY jerky with the wheel when taking turns!

As already mentioned I do not run power steering and front tires are 275/40/17s so it takes a little bit of effort to turn the car and it does fight me from time to time. I enjoy driving the car this way, lots of road feel compared to how it would be with power steering. Also the tires on the car are probably 5 years old for they are not the grippiest.

Mr Ryan,

I'll have to stop by sometime and see the slowbra I mean cobra lol :) What is the new job I haven't heard about it yet from you.

Shane

I did the math the other night and I think realistically I have around 13-16k in the car not 20k. Oh I've have fun with the car this summer... maybe I'll have it on the street a couple times.

As already mentioned I do not run power steering and front tires are 275/40/17s so it takes a little bit of effort to turn the car and it does fight me from time to time. I enjoy driving the car this way, lots of road feel compared to how it would be with power steering. Also the tires on the car are probably 5 years old for they are not the grippiest.

Mr Ryan,

I'll have to stop by sometime and see the slowbra I mean cobra lol :) What is the new job I haven't heard about it yet from you.

Shane

your just a weak lil shit!:bangbang: