My First Impressions...Terrible

Guest Spam

Three weeks ago, i was hit by a driver on the corner of Henderson and Kenny only 30 secs from home. Because of the conditions, the damage wasnt prevalent until a few days later you could clearly see scratches and what not in the paint. So, after having the adjuster come out from The Motorists Insurance Group, they cut me a check from nearly 600 to fix the damages. After i took my car to First Impressions to get fixed on Wed March 3. Chris( the manager) inspected it he was shown the spots on the bumper that needed fixed.

I CLEARLY pointed these locations out. I also had NO other damages to the bumper. He told me it would be ready Friday. Friday comes, I call, its not ready. Chris told me it will be ready Sat. Sat comes, he told me Friday he would call. No response. I wait til Monday (yesterday) and shit hits the fan.

One of the scratches is still prevalent, there is overspray of flake about two inches to the side of the scratch. There is a spider crack of the very right corner of the bumper and there are what looks like bubbles in the solvent that have popped. To top it off, when driving the car home, the brake lights, turn signals, and hazards didnt work. I also had a bad ground which look like was pulled on. I had three blown fuses and I AM FUMING right now.

To make matters worse, Chris said they will not repair the problems unless the get paid more from the insurance. It took me 4 hours to trace the bad ground and it was in the right taillight. One ground wire was severed causing the fuses to blow.

Never take your car there. They did shotty work to my car, fucked it up, and lied about how much time i used the rental so they didnt have to pay for it. This is ridiculous!

Ill have pics later today.

James

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, I would invest in legal advice. Call your insurance company and explain what has happened to your agent. Call BB and report First Impressions (not that this does much anymore). GL to you.

I dunno. Shit is rediculous. Im waiting to here back from their insurance to see what First Impressions had to say. Tomorrow might be a tough day. I think in the end, ill get screwed. First Impressions will end up with all that money for nothing and ill end up with a fucked up bumper. Thank god i have and my friend has any ability to diagnose a problem.

How? My insurance wasnt involved in this.

Their insurance co. then. Don't settle for anything less than what you had prior to the accident. Tell them to make it right. If they wobble or give you shit, escalate it up to someone who can make the decision.

Hmm. I said that i might have to go after the owner of the car and the claims department for his insurance was sort of stunned and didnt really know what to say.

YA 600 for a bumper fix sounds extremely high in the first place..

it does, but unfortunately it sounds right...

i bumped a guy in a parking lot november 2008...he was starting to pull out of the lot, i looked left for the next gap in traffic, then bumped him thinking he had pulled out, but infact he decided that the huge gap he had wasnt enough.

end up getting out, talking with him, looking at his bumper, the ONLY mark was a little quarter moon shape where the license plate bolt touched his bumper. didnt even punch through, just the paint. told him to give me a call with an estimate and if i could pay it out of pocket instead of insurance, i'd rather do that.

guy called me a couple weeks later with an estimate of like $615 + $90 for a rental for 3 days...met him at the bank and told him i'd give him a check to him and the body shop, and he insisted i give him a check for cash. i told him fuck no, especially since i knew he wasnt going to use it to fix the bumper...i told him to call the insurance company. they ended up giving him like $500. oh well

YA 600 for a bumper fix sounds extremely high in the first place..

I was quoted over $650 for the rocker/kick panel on my MS3 :eek: The part alone was over $500! BS...stock OEM part costs are stupid.

I was more than happy to work with Kevin Clifford who was able to pick up a used part and spray it to match for far, far less.

Looks like no reconciliation without a lawyer. Which i wont do. But i will be writing to the BBB and hopefully taken my car to Kevin shortly.

Reach down in your pants and grab your balls. If there are non there then continue to do nothing. If you find a pair then quit taking the BS

I saw plenty. first you should have had the insurance company make the check out to you. not the Auto body place. This way you hold the power. If it isnt right, take it back, the longer you wait the less you have to bargain with. who gives a fuck if they tell you to fuck off. Stay there until they do something about it. If they call the cops, so what, be respectful to them and plead your case.

Well the first one is long gone. The other i can do if it comes down to it. They are going to take another look at my car and hopefully itll pay enough for Kevin to redo it and this mess will be over. Thanks