My new asphalt skater...

Flybye

Just picked it up today. Im pretty excited about it and ready to give it the "love" that it needs. The car has waaaay too many parts to list right now. Just to start though...it is an SR20det w/16g, Apexi stand alone, BPU's, Full coilover setup with many other goodies, 10pt cage, etc etc etc The list is pretty long.

It isn't in the greatest shape right now, but still runs amazing. I plan on bringing this car back to life and having a lot of fun with it. First off is fix the bumpers and pop the minor dents in the quarters. Then a very thorough tune up and bath, new turbo setup, possibly new headgasket, new tune and im sure a few other things. I also would like to get a new paint job...that just isn't at the top of my list right now.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a88/seandb20/2010-03-24162728.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a88/seandb20/2010-03-24162701.jpg

Nice little sound clip from when the builder/driver still owned

Not digging the ridiculous body, kit but I love me some SR20.

Get that thing cleaned up for summer. :cool:

Im not really a fan of body kits either...but it seems to be the most popular and more subtle ones out there for s13's. If you know the drift scene then you probably know this car and the kid who put it together. There are many videos of him online and he is definitely a badass on the track. Here is a quick little vid/sound clip of the car :D

wow, i remember when that car used to be maroon, i went to school with the P.O.

Gotta love the john deere yellow roll cage, I lol'd everytime i saw it.

nice buy though, cant wait to see his next car (last time i talked to him he's doing a sr20 swapped fc rx7)

congrats though!!! hope you enjoy it.

woo safety cage car! that car was built for one reason only, to get down sideways.

btw replace that BOV asap i know the car never had it hooked up on the track so that turbos probably needing replaced.

btw replace that BOV asap i know the car never had it hooked up on the track so that turbos probably needing replaced.

I talked to the P.O. and he said he never ran a bov cause those turbo's were so damn cheap to replace.

First thing i would do is fix the fucking exhaust that sticks out 6-8 inchs. Not my style... at all.

This car is tuned on a apexi power fc right?

No offense to you but this car reminds me of 240 owners now days, cheap wheels, cheap paint, big hookin cheap body kit, SR20 standard, they are like cookie cutter cars anymore. Good luck fixing it up the way you want it.

It was a track car, so who cares?

woo safety cage car! that car was built for one reason only, to get down sideways.

Thats why I posted a thread in the FS section last night looking for both of those. It also has a sticking lifter from start up until it gets warm that I need to figure out.

I talked to the P.O. and he said he never ran a bov cause those turbo's were so damn cheap to replace.

First thing i would do is fix the fucking exhaust that sticks out 6-8 inchs. Not my style... at all.

This car is tuned on a apexi power fc right?

It doesn't have the stock T25 on it.....it's a 16g. But those are still cheap too. The exhaust has grown on me a little bit. Though I might shorten the downpipe and change it up a little? And yes it is tuned on the Power FC.

It was a track car, so who cares?

EXACTLY!!!! :cool:

Now lets hope I can learn a little and maybe make it out to the April 17th track day?

Yeah i mean personally just get the bumpers attached on instead of zip-tied on (Not sure if they still are) and get the exhaust fixed and roll with it.

Yeah they still are for the most part....

Here is another quick little pic

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a88/seandb20/IMG_1805.jpg

Not to bad. The body looks like it needs some major TLC but its got some potential.

Are you going to be drifting in it as well and keep it a track car?

16gs aren't to bad I maxed one out 350whp, and they spool super quick.

Looks like it would be fun throwing that car around sideways.

Not to bad. The body looks like it needs some major TLC but its got some potential.

Are you going to be drifting in it as well and keep it a track car?

16gs aren't to bad I maxed one out 350whp, and they spool super quick.

Looks like it would be fun throwing that car around sideways.

Yes it does....I need to roll my Mustang outof the garage and work on this thing a little.

Yes I plan to get some practice in it and make it out to some events this year.

I might get another 16g, but wouldn't mind an 18g either.

It is very fun and that is all this car is really set up to do :D

Yeah i mean personally just get the bumpers attached on instead of zip-tied on (Not sure if they still are) and get the exhaust fixed and roll with it.

there is a reason they are attached with zip ties, that way if you clip a cone etc the zip tie will break away allowing the bumper to give a bit.

IIRC the head on that car is built with new springs, retainers and some BC cams.