good deal on a big house

John Bruh

- Location, location, location. It is too far out for most people, and not in a growing area.

- Land setup isn't real great.

- Auditor site has an assessed value of 211k. Now this can be low/high/right on. Previous owner paid 245k.

- Taxes are cheap.

- 2480 square feet...likely a misprint on the listing agent's part. That doesn't look like a 3500 sq/ft house.

I have pretty much that exact same house and I'm over 3600 sq ft. 2500+ above ground and 1200+ below ground. Looks very similar to my Wayne Homes Savanah model.

I'm taking note of the finished basement because I'm gonna be doing mine soon and am getting ideas. Right now I've only got about 200sq ft of it finished and am using it as my office.

I have pretty much that exact same house and I'm over 3600 sq ft. 2500+ above ground and 1200+ below ground. Looks very similar to my Wayne Homes Savanah model.

I'm taking note of the finished basement because I'm gonna be doing mine soon and am getting ideas. Right now I've only got about 200sq ft of it finished and am using it as my office.

Finished basement doesn't count unless it is a walkout.

Nice I can't believe how cheap homes are out there on some land no less!

You can build a really nice home for cheap but on a flat piece of land with nothing around....not for me. It's all about location and the surroundings IMO.

Finished basement doesn't count unless it is a walkout.

I always heard that if it's finished, it counts as living space. Never heard that it had to be a walkout.

Edit: Just googled the question. There are three different answers on this one site. So, I don't know what the real answer is.

http://www.trulia.com/voices/Home_Selling/Does_a_Finished_Basement_count_when_calculating_sq-197638

I always heard that if it's finished, it counts as living space. Never heard that it had to be a walkout.

Edit: Just googled the question. There are three different answers on this one site. So, I don't know what the real answer is.

http://www.trulia.com/voices/Home_Selling/Does_a_Finished_Basement_count_when_calculating_sq-197638

When we were building it had to be a walkout to be included in the listed living space.