Personalized Plates...

zeitgeist57

...are 'SPENSIVE!!!! :eek:

My truck is $119.87 a year for registration, Corvette is only $54.87. (Truck registration is $15/yr more than a car, then add $50/yr to keep personalized plates.)

Is it worth it? New plate would be $8.25, but would eliminate the $50 specialty plate fee...

Guest tbutera2112
I know theyre rediculous.... ill stick with what ive got. Heck ill have to keep these for a long time as i guess you can only get those damned farm plates now

no...they give you the option when you go in of which plate you want, and they are the same price...i just got new plates and opted for the RWB instead of the homo plates

as for personalized plates, its like a dollar per week... a whopping 14 cents per day...if i had something worth putting personalized plates on, i wouldnt be bothered by 14 cents

That's why you get initial plates... they are like 10 bux, or at least "were" last year....

If you play around you can get an initial plate that suites your need for cheep cheep.

The initial plates only cost me $10 in 2009. Both my 89 GT tag and the 2000 GT tag are considered initial plates. So don't just think your only getting 4 characters. Play around on http://www.oplates.com and you find yourself one that's only $10 extra.

I hate the price too but dig my plates. I've had a personalized plate on one or more cars pretty much every year. The ones I don't get are people who put thier make or model on their tags and actually pay to do it. I saw an Audi a8 yesteday with his plate of AUDI A8. ---> stupid IMO

I am considering dropping my personalized plates on my WJ. Just not really worth the cost. But that will all be depend if I can still find the RWB plates. I will pay to keep my "CORUPT1" plates if all they have are the farm ones.

no...they give you the option when you go in of which plate you want, and they are the same price...i just got new plates and opted for the RWB instead of the homo plates

ah gotcha. i just heard a story where they were doing away with the RWB.. hope it isnt true