50 post / 30 day min to post for sale

Casper

My 2 cents...

I understand that you don't want to use the forum for classified ads...and you created this so you can do whatever you want or whatever the consensus wants. However, I don't see a problem with a new guy signing up and wanting to sell his motorcycle first thing. I see this as a motorcycle forum and if it's motorcycle related...I'm all for it. We have a Sound Stage, an area for smack talk about non-riding topics, an off-topic area, etc., on a motorcycle forum. With anything used, you run the risk of getting less than you paid. If a newb wants to post a bike, let the potential buyer decide...that's all. I'd hate to miss out on a potential deal just because a person is new. What does a few post buy us in terms of a seller's reputation...especially when they can post about music, smack-talk, and other miscellaneous items?

My 2 cents...

I understand that you don't want to use the forum for classified ads...and you created this so you can do whatever you want or whatever the consensus wants. However, I don't see a problem with a new guy signing up and wanting to sell his motorcycle first thing. I see this as a motorcycle forum and if it's motorcycle related...I'm all for it. We have a Sound Stage, an area for smack talk about non-riding topics, an off-topic area, etc., on a motorcycle forum. With anything used, you run the risk of getting less than you paid. If a newb wants to post a bike, let the potential buyer decide...that's all. I'd hate to miss out on a potential deal just because a person is new. What does a few post buy us in terms of a seller's reputation...especially when they can post about music, smack-talk, and other miscellaneous items?

It took me awhile to decide to do this. 600rr.net, zx-10r.net, columbusracing.com, and several other websites do this. I never liked it. So I definitely see your point. However, now I'm beginning to understand why they do it. In the past two weeks we've had over 100 new users sign up. Of those, about 25% signed up only to sell their stuff, most without even posting an introduction. No, 50 posts and being here 30 days definitely doesn't tell us much about the person. However, it is likely scammers won't make the effort in order to post their stuff. The legit people will. This is a trial. We'll see how it goes. So far, your's is the first complaint (not really a complaint, but negative opinion of it).

I cant believe the amount of people doing it in the last month. Glad you finally set something up. 50/30 is great IMO, not as bad as some of the sites too. Zorro, the problem I see is that the person is just posting it for sale to get as much advertisement as possible, then once its sold that person likely disappears from the site which does no good for anyone on here. I also like if ur a supporter the rule disappears completely!

Zorro, the problem I see is that the person is just posting it for sale to get as much advertisement as possible, then once its sold that person likely disappears from the site which does no good for anyone on here.

Being in the market for a bike, I'd like to see as many listings as possible. I'm not worried about folks coming and going...that's life, right?

If I was King for a day, I'd do away with the "educated" area before I'd impose this rule. What's more useful, trash-talking gibberish or an ad for a motorcycle?

True, I don't have to (and don't) read these meaningless threads, could the same be applied to newbs advertising their bikes?

And as far as other forum's and their rules, there's only one forum for me...and that's ohioriders :) Plus, don't we want to blaze our own trail? Why be followers? :)

This was deff a good idea. Every other newb post i read had some shit they wanted to sell.. not like its devastating or anything. but just kinda rude?? I guess thats the word I'm looking for

Maybe poor etiquette. However, if a newb was giving away free money...would you care? A newb might have a good deal...and might be in hurry for cash in these poor economic times. I'd like to see a regular member on this forum take advantage of a good deal. I think I'm up to 6 cents...

Maybe poor etiquette. However, if a newb was giving away free money...would you care? A newb might have a good deal...and might be in hurry for cash in these poor economic times. I'd like to see a regular member on this forum take advantage of a good deal. I think I'm up to 6 cents...

But, have you seen any noobies posting good deals yet? I havent, then again I'm a cheap ass sometimes. :p

The rule could always be waived by Ben on an individual basis. Especially if it's someone that is well known on other forums, just not here

+1

But, have you seen any noobies posting good deals yet? I havent, then again I'm a cheap ass sometimes. :p

+1

I haven't seen many good deals...but I like looking at their posts to see what the market is on certain bikes. With that being said, I haven't seen many good deals on bikes from members either. The gsxr 750 for 3500 seems like the best...

Take a look at the Bike Shop forum: http://www.ohio-riders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=43

Does that header look ok to everyone? Does the wording make it fairly clear?

Looks good to me.....and HIGHLY visible!!! :D

I think the time idea Kyle? came up with, in addition to, was a good one

I haven't seen many good deals...but I like looking at their posts to see what the market is on certain bikes. With that being said, I haven't seen many good deals on bikes from members either. The gsxr 750 for 3500 seems like the best...

as far as deals from members go, i know with my bike, i dont want to list it at a ridiculously low price on here. anyone can read the forums and send pms once they sign up, so where i might let my bike go for less to someone i know on here, i dont want everybody and their mother to know what id really let the bike go for. seems to me like nobody wants to haggle anymore. obo means make an offer and well talk about it.

Ok so I have been on here since August and can't figure out how to become a supporter? I even had a sticker on my bike :) Do I need to pay someone? haha Or is there a secret button to push?

Hit USER CP. Column on the left at the bottom, click on PAID SUBSCRIPTIONS. Paypal it.